Roden O-2 Skymaster due in November

Kagemusha

Just to clarify, I'm probably not doing a separate stencil sheet release. Plan is to just include them on the main sheet (similar to the AOA O-1, T-28, and OH-6 sheets).

As usual for my preference for Vietnam War schemes, there should be at least one, maybe two, VNAF O-2 options included in addition to the predominent USAF options.

Plug time, I expect the AOA sheet to be available in February.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=72406

Got my Skymaster kit these days. Good to see some aftermarket decals are on the horizon! Now I am waiting for Roden to reply to my email, asking for replacement fuselage parts. Mine, too, are badly warped. Soft plastic, all sprues in one single bag including the clear parts(!), maybe not the best way to package a kit...

I guess it's a case of "hit and run" with this kit, since i myself didn't find any shortcoming in my kit with the "warpage" for instance, but ofcourse the decal sheet has some issues, so indeed looking forward to the AOA sheet(s) .

happy modelling,

Jack.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Still waiting for mine from the Ebay seller in Ukraine, its not overdue yet though, hope all parts are OK, definitely up for the AOA decals.

I sure wish there will be a civilian version !

Hubert

This is one of my favourite general aviation planes and I'd love to have a bash at this kit, but I'd rather build a GA variant.  Let's hope that the aftermarket comes to our rescue here.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

Agreed, mine came unmolested, and no bent or wrapped parts.

I don't understand why Roden packages everything in one flimsy sprue bag (is it that much cheaper than even two?) and then to make it worse throw it all in a box that is about double the size of the kit contents (their O-1 was the same thing).

I ended up ordering a second kit from a US seller since I was still waiting for the one I ordered end of November from European seller (I just received that one the other day). Both of my kits didn't have any broken pieces or warped fuselages or crazed windscreens (one though did have bent engine mount parts). And both had several loose parts that were knocked/ripped off the sprues - including windscreen in both kits - and both had the single sprue bag popped open in transit, even though the one from Europe had airbags placed inside the kit box to prevent the sprue bag from shuffling - it still ripped open. They really need to improve their packaging.

The first thing I did with my O-1 was to liberate and rebag the clear parts. I usually do this after Futuring clear parts (before cocooning them for the later build), which is needed on quite a few car kits.

Wonder what Roden might give us next?

Tony

Guest The Southern Bandit

I'd like them to do a Cessna 120 or B Grand Caravan, Roden only do military subjects (I think?) but there have been military operators of this Aircraft, there were 134 in military service in 2016, float plane options too, but would be happiest with a Civilian one.

You know, I'd really like a 1/32 high quality Cessna 172 or Piper Warrior, both Aircraft I have flown in real life at a Flying School.

Postal service back to normal tomorrow, hopefully get my Skymaster then.

I'd like them to do a Cessna 120 or B Grand Caravan, Roden only do military subjects (I think?) but there have been military operators of this Aircraft, there were 134 in military service in 2016, float plane options too, but would be happiest with a Civilian one.

You know, I'd really like a 1/32 high quality Cessna 172 or Piper Warrior, both Aircraft I have flown in real life at a Flying School.

Postal service back to normal tomorrow, hopefully get my Skymaster then.

Im SERIOUSLY hoping they tackle a 1/32nd Fairchild AU-23 Peacemaker!     Ive always had a love for the Pilatus Porter and this would be a great looking kit in 32nd:

au23-4.jpg