1/32 WW2 Corsair New Resin/PE Cowl

LSP_Matt

Greetings all.

LSP is now selling a replacement cowl for the 1/32 WW2 Trumpeter Corsair. All details on costs, postage and instructions/template are available on our webpage in the retail section.

The replacement cowl will suit the following models of Corsair

•  
  • F4U-1(Corsair Mk1)
  • FG-1 (Goodyear built)
  • F4U-1A (Corsair MkII)
  • F3A-1 (Corsair MkIII-Brewster built)
  • F4U-1C (20mm armed variant of F4U-1D)
  • F4U-1D (Corsair MkIV)
  • F4U-2 (Night Fighter)

The first batch of cowls is ready and waiting for posting. When you get your cowls remember to download the instructions and the alignment template from the retail page.

An awful lot of thanks to Chris Sherland for the artful creation of the Masters, Radu Brinzan for production of the photoetch and Damien Andrus for resin casting, packaging and posting. It's certainly the members past and present that make this a great website. All proceeds from cowl sales will be used to pay the costs of production and postage. Any additional proceeds have been generously donated to LSP to contribute towards LSP's ongoing and future costs. Those resources get used strictly for the benefit of the LSP general membership.

Any questions, concerns, additional information can be directed to Matt@largescaleplanes.com

Production occurs in batches of 40 cowls. I'll keep everyone posted on stock levels and availablity.

Thanks and have at it.

LSP_Matt

post-901-0-66596800-1318584788.jpg

Do the people who previously indicated on the original thread that we wanted a "pre-order" of sorts need to make an order like all, or will we get a PM notice?

I only ask, as Kev seemed to indicate the longer release time was due to the making of the orders for all who had pre ordered on the original thread.......

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Brian,

We figured that this thing has been so long in coming that we weren't going to hold anyone to an ancient pre-order, so if you still want one, just place an order via the retail page. We will produce as many as demand dictates, or the masters wear out - whichever comes first! We had a lot of set-backs of various types, but my comment regarding the 'pre-orders' was really about trying to get ahead of the perceived demand, so we wouldn't leave folks waiting for weeks after they paid!

Kev

Hi Brian,

We figured that this thing has been so long in coming that we weren't going to hold anyone to an ancient pre-order, so if you still want one, just place an order via the retail page. We will produce as many as demand dictates, or the masters wear out - whichever comes first! We had a lot of set-backs of various types, but my comment regarding the 'pre-orders' was really about trying to get ahead of the perceived demand, so we wouldn't leave folks waiting for weeks after they paid!

Kev

Thanks Kev.........ordering my copy now!

Cheers,

Brian

LSP_ Matt, first thanks to all involved ! Job well done :goodjob:

I have one question...will this work on the Revell model ? Thats the one I've been waiting on. Again, great job !.....Harv :please:

Just bought my copy! Although I attempted to earlier and even though my PP account is back by BOTH my verified checking account and a credit card it would not let me purchase the cowl. It kept telling me I had to add funds to my account even though Ive had 0 dollars in there before and the money came out of my checking.

Called PP and they said that there was a possible corrupt attempt to hack into this account on a transaction level? No clue what the meant but the PP CSR said basically PP was suspicious of this particular transaction. I tried to get her to tell me if it was payee or payer they were worried about, but they wouldn't. They just said the obligatory "try again later" response.

Sounded like a bunch-O-Hooee but sure enough I just tried again now that I woke up and tada! The purchase went through!

Thanks guys, the cowl looks really great.

Cheers,

Brian

A BIG LSP Thanks to Chris, Radu and Damien!

Looks Awesome and will really address the kit's weakness in this "up front" area.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Order placed.

Barry