PZL.37

AlexM

• 2 weeks later...

Thanky guys :)

Some progress with the interior details:

Z6WdX7D.jpg

For the forward frame, I try the same approach like with the RS.14. I sent the 3d-model of the frame to an printing service via www.3dhubs.com. The part will pe printed in resin with a Formlabs printer, as my Ultimaker printer isn't able to print such a part (at least not as one single part). I'm curious how it will tourn out. I was told that it will take about two weeks until I'll receive the printed frame.

afQCvSA.png

Cheers

Alex

I just received some "after market" stuff :)

W5GB2ul.jpg

ZKx3I70.jpg

The commado car contains some machine guns (Vickers K?) and ammonition drums. They resemble the polish "Karabin maszynowy obserwatora wz.37" (ouch, tongue-twister), but need to be enlarged by about 4 mm for scale. The kit was on sale for about 9 € :frantic:

In the meantime, I started with the propeller and engine cowling. The propellers are resin copies from the spare box:

bLRYbhy.jpg

Vu58tws.jpg

Edited by AlexM

Tanks Brad, but now you are exaggerating  :D 

Here are the parts of the engine-cowlings, together with the Vector resin Bristol Pegasus engines, borrowed from the Hampden (note to myself: finish that Hampden someday :BANGHEAD2: ):

TDBtF4Y.jpg

It still needs some cleanup, but I love it when a plan comes together

St1mLbN.jpg

Thanks Kev!

Juraj, feel free to ask :)

I'm still waiting for the printed nose-frame, but I already started with the glass-nose via vacu-forming. The mould was printed with recessed lines for later cuts. After sanding, primer, sanding ..., and several dips into "future", I made a resin copy of the mould. As I experienced with the RS.14, a resin mould proved to be usefull, when it comes to seperate the clear sheet after vacuforming. If the clear sheet sticks to much on the mould, it can be layed into the freezer. Due to different shrinkage or whatever, it can then be relatively easily seperated.

At the first vacuformed test, there still occured a bit "webbing" on the lower side of the glass-nose (meaning that the clear sheet doesn't cleanly covers the mould), but I guess this can be solved with further tries.

6wyAjp8.jpg

So here are the major parts, taped togehter :frantic:

eFzxLJG.jpg

IMlppa3.jpg

7ghjGLn.jpg