LSP Kit Database needs your help!

LSP_Kevin

Hmmm,

It's better to use Yousendit.com.

The zipfile with pictures is 71mb.

You'll get an email from them with a code to download the file.

-edit:- file uploaded to yousendit.com

it remains available for a week.

- end edit-

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks Peter! Downloading it now...

Kev

From the top of my head, I can provide:

- Revell Hawker FGR9

- Hasegawa F/A-18

- Revell F-4F Phantom new tool (first release)

- Revell Tornado IDS new tool (first release)

- Revell MiG 21 #04719

- Special Hobby Airacobra Mk.1/P-39F

- Trumpeter MiG-21 MF

- Trumpeter F-7MG

- Revell Eurofighter new tool

- Trumpeter E.E. Lightning F.1/F.3

- Trumpeter Yak-18

- Hasegawa A-4 E/F

- Hasegawa F-86 F-40

- Hasegawa FW-190 A-8

- Hasegawa Bf-109 K-4

- Revell F-14A Tomcat (unknown rerelease)

- Academy UH-1C "Special Nose Art"

- Academy AH-1W "NTS Update"

- Revell AH-64 Apache (unknown release)

- Hasegawa F-104G/J Starfighter

- Hasegawa F-5E Tiger II

- Academy UH-60L?

- Revell F-15 D/E

There are more kits, but I am not sure I have all boxes left. I'll have a photosession tomorrow, if you like...

Don't worry about duplicating what's already there - the more the merrier! Also, there's no need to crop the image; just send the full size one to me:

kevin@largescaleplanes.com

I'm happy to crop, process and upload them - so all you need to do is take the photos! Include a brief description of which kit it is, and it's important to include the manufacturer's kit number. If you're sending me more than one, you could always rename the images with that kit number, so it's clear (but don't worry, I'll figure it out if you don't!).

If the email option doesn't work for some reason, you can post the images here in this thread (linked via Photobucket or whatever).

Oh, and if you have any other kit information that fills in our gaps, feel free to pass that along too!

The LSP Kit Database is already a great resource, and we're hoping to make it the most accurate and comprehensive listing of its type, but we can't do it without help from you guys. So, pitch in if you can!

Kev

Hi Kevin,

sent you a batch of pictures within two emails but they bounced

reason; The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. Great work!

There are more kits, but I am not sure I have all boxes left. I'll have a photosession tomorrow, if you like...

Yes please! The database can handle multiple images per kit record, so if there are any duplicates I can either add additional images or pick the best one.

Hi Kevin,

sent you a batch of pictures within two emails but they bounced

reason; The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full.

Any suggestions?

I checked the account and it seems to have cleared now Jack (probably when I logged on this morning). Try again I reckon.

Kev

ok Kevin, thanks, but on the second try,(it were two messages) one of the emails bounced again, this time with the same explanation, folder being full.....

I just received 2 emails from you Jack, so it seems like they got through in the end! Thanks for your persistence.

Kev

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed. All the images I've been sent so far are now online. We now have around 60 kits in the database with associated box art, though obviously there's a long way to go! There were even a handful for which there was no database entry - so now there is.

Kev

Kevin

I just had a brain fart. How about asking Sprue Bros if we can use the box art pics they have on their web site catalog? I don't mind down loading them and sending them to you in my free time. The bottom corner of each pic has a Sprue Bros water mark but who cares? they are a sponsor and it's some free advertising for them.

Perhaps some of us could volunteer to down load pic of thier site and send them to you. We could go by manufacture i.e. some do all Edward, someone else do Tamiya etc

What do you think?

Hmm...tricky. Sprue Bros may not have authority to use them for any other purpose than their own website (hence the watermark). Also, not having seen them myself, I don't know if they're of sufficient resolution to be useful to us. They'd need to be minimum 500 pixels wide. If they pass muster technically, and there's no IP barriers, then it's definitely worth considering. Though I have to say the watermark is not ideal.

I've actually been considering contacting kit manufacturers directly to ask if they could supply original box art graphics for the cause. Apart from not having the time at the moment, I also don't have any contacts at that level in the industry. Any members know anyone? Info and box art directly from the manufacturer would be the ultimate!

Even so, we'd still have to handle the old and rare stuff the hard way.

I'll go take a look at Sprue Brothers...

Kev