Casualty Evacuation-Eastern Front

JRutman

Look up Masterful in the scale modeling dictionary and there you will find this reference behind the definition : Also see; "Jerry Rutman"

Great stuff J....as always !! One of my favorite aspects of your work is your ability to "take the edge off" these figures and bring the subtlety and reality back to them....the resculpting and repositioning that really brings them to "life"... !

Joe

Very very nice thing to say Joe. Also very creative I might add ! LoL

One of the things that got me started on all this modification of figs is the fact that they became so cheap along the way. I could go to a show and get a box of 4 or 5 figs from a vendor for 3 bucks maybe. So I no longer had the fear of screwing them up because they cost so little. Just dive in !  The lead foil is cheap as well. Now,the resin heads !  Another story.  But if you practice enough you can get a plastic head to look half decent as well with some tweeking. It's all time and effort driven.

Thanks again man,that was a nice statement.

J

Top Notch stuff Jerry, and I'm with you ....being cheap myself is what led me to scratch building...and the same on figures...all the Old School stuff...lead foil, A&B epoxy putty, a bunch of micro files and a lot of patience.... I am waaay out of practice, and slowly getting back to it....of course now my eyes aren't as they once were so I am eperimenting with different forms of magnification and vision assistance tools....lol.

Getting my workshop set up is the thing now and very soon I will be back at the bench where I will be attempting to use the techniques I am learning from you as well !

Joe

Top Notch stuff Jerry, and I'm with you ....being cheap myself is what led me to scratch building...and the same on figures...all the Old School stuff...lead foil, A&B epoxy putty, a bunch of micro files and a lot of patience.... I am waaay out of practice, and slowly getting back to it....of course now my eyes aren't as they once were so I am eperimenting with different forms of magnification and vision assistance tools....lol.

Getting my workshop set up is the thing now and very soon I will be back at the bench where I will be attempting to use the techniques I am learning from you as well !

Joe

Nice !! Can't wait till you get up and running.  I succumbed to using an optivisor last year for the first time. It makes things SOOO much easier !

Maru-get those young minds going onto something more than video games !  Games are OK but I think kids need more than that to expand their skills. It's very nice they have taken an interest and thanks for the very kind words.

Shawn-give it a go ! You may become addicted,

J

I received a set of LIVERESIN german helmets to day and I am pumped ! This is the only 1/35 sample anywhere that has the rolled lip around the bottom edge that was used on the vast majority of wartime helmets.

Here you can compare. Look at the helmets and not the position of them.

IMG_1683_zps3dyslsmj.jpg

IMG_1679_zpstulqdm6o.jpg

The second pic is the dragon version.