FW190 A5 - White 1 - Hasegawa

simon417

The RLM colors look fine to me. That checkered cowl is a very nice piece of work.

Good job all around except for the flaps' angle, which is Hasegawa's fault, as someone mentioned.

Very nice- Ive been using the black basing technique recently, and am a convert. Ive used those Vallejo colours on a Fw190 A7 build, but over a grey primer, and it looked very different (could just be the lighting though). Ive heard that Vallejo are generally quite accurate, but maybe not as strong a pigment as say Mr Hobby or Tamiya, so the base coat would effect them more? Still looks very good on your bird.

First off, thanks everyone for all the comments, it's greatly appreciated.

Regarding the RLMs, I just picked up the AK RLM sets, so I'll do some comparisons and see what the results are.

Thanks again.

Simon

She looks very nice. Really like the checkered cowl.

The paint looks fine to my untrained eyes but there's something to AK's line that just look off when I tried using them. Might be just me? Been using Mr. Paint line and I think they look great and extremely easy to use.

I'm painting a Revell 109G-10 and using the black base technique also for the first time. Time consuming but it is my first time but the results, at least to me, look very realistic and cool. Im a convert.

Edited by Reuben L. Hernandez

• 1 month later...