1/32 HPH Lavochkin La-7

petrov27

Yeah - thanks for the feedback as it confirms my feelings about the panel. The bits went into acetone this morning - hopefully that will take off the paint. Then we will see! Does anyone have any references/pics of Russian WW2 instrument faces? Will be doing the google I guess :)

hi

I have already experiment etched pre painted  eduard IP one my Spit XIX , I didn't try to stripped off the paint , I only sprayed a thin layer of matt black , and then dry brushed it to highlight rise details .......here is a view of the instrumental panel , it seems to be  overall  black
Alain
picture from Aviation of world war II site 

la7_0561.jpg

The etch is otherwise good - I may just see if I can strip the paint off the whole thing and paint it myself and add some instrument decals (not sure anyone does WW2 Russian instrument decals?) Anyone have experience with stripping the paint off these etched parts and what works for it? It seems to be on there pretty good and fairly thick....

006a_zpsiy9l1uvq.jpg

You can just overpaint it with a coat of primer and then make your own paint job. Otherwise, a bath of acetone should do the job.

Edit : sorry, i did not read the thread until the end, so i did not notice that you have already done it !

By the way, you did a great job on ths build !

Edited by Zero77

• 4 weeks later...