Eduard P-40N EduArt Series

Flipper

Guest Clunkmeister

I saw the kit in Omaha, and it looked great, from what I could see.

I see that Fundekals might have copied their boxart scheme?    No matter, it's really nice to see the plastic back in circulation.

One point I do not like in recent Hasegawa kits is the fact the inserts do not mate the master parts correctly. Anyone who assembled a P-40 knows that it is a PITA to have continuous panel lines between the tail and fuselage when you join together the front and rear sections... and I do not even want to mention the exhaust support ones... That aspect really needs improvement!!!

On 8/1/2017 at 3:08 PM, Clunkmeister said:

I saw the kit in Omaha, and it looked great, from what I could see.

I see that Fundekals might have copied their boxart scheme?    No matter, it's really nice to see the plastic back in circulation.

If you're referring to the box art (Lulu Belle) of the new P-40, fündecals had those markings available long before this Hasegawa/Eduard re-release.

• 1 year later...

I know it is almost a year since the last post here but as i have a growing interest in this kit i discovered this thread. From what i can see from the pics Martin posted here a year ago, the blood spots on the eduards decal sheet are almost correct...and even if i have the Jennings Decal sheet from fundekals for 1/48th scale, the ''lulu belle'' colors seems white to me not yellow!! Am i wrong?? And this is based to the same photoes Martin posted here!!

What is your opinion??

John

On 8/2/2017 at 1:23 PM, thierry laurent said:

One point I do not like in recent Hasegawa kits is the fact the inserts do not mate the master parts correctly. Anyone who assembled a P-40 knows that it is a PITA to have continuous panel lines between the tail and fuselage when you join together the front and rear sections... and I do not even want to mention the exhaust support ones... That aspect really needs improvement!!!

My P-40 has no such problems.

3 hours ago, Southern Bandit said:

My P-40 has no such problems.

All my Hasegawa P-40s have that problem and I have five different kits! Look closely at the panel lines between the tail and fuselage. They do not mate correctly whatever you do. And I must add that I have yet to see one assembled kit without that issue if the modeller has not rescribed some of the lines. The nose inserts are better but far from perfect. 

I'm not doubting you Thierry, you are obviously having some serious fit issues with the kits fit in the tail section, can you illustrate with a pic or two what the issue you are having is please?

All I'm saying is, hand on heart, my Hasegawa 1/32 P-40 went together like a dream compared to my many other kits I've built, have looked at mine again and I know I never used filler or did much sanding and for me, re-scribing is something I rarely do.

8 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

So, are we talking fitting together with no steps or gaps, or just the panel lines not mating up?  Those may be two different problems.

No, the opposite, step. The solution may be to use thin sheet styrene, it would act as a filler and spacer.