Peter Castle's Spitfire Book Reaches 400 Pages!

LSP_Kevin

I recently posted on our blog that our next book, Peter Castle's Building Race #80 Spitfire Mk XIVe in 1/18 Scale, had clocked up a massive 300 pages, I now have to report that it has just blasted through 400 pages! The sheer scale and scope of Peter's magnificent build has necessitated the book growing to an unanticipated size, but this just makes it all the more compelling!

hnCoWT.jpg

This will mean that this title will be slightly more expensive than our previous three releases, but much better value on a page-per-dollar basis. I'd like to say that we'll be ready to publish in a couple of weeks, but with so much amazing content to sort through and fashion into pages, I'm not prepared to guarantee it!

More news when I can bring it.

Here are some sample pages to check out until then:

uvZd2U.jpg

uB7cMH.jpg

PQN67K.jpg

1jQMh9.jpg

l4GZ3D.jpg

Kev

I'm not even remotely interested in working in Metal, but having seen this magnificent build at Telford, I'm eating up every bit of amazing information.

Can't wait, but I do like Juraj's idea of maybe splitting this into two volumes?

For size management and readability as much as anything else.

GREAT work!

Chris

Thanks, fellas. My wife actually suggested splitting it up a few weeks ago, when the true size of the project started to become evident. It's a bit too late for that now, unfortunately, as releasing it in two volumes would have required a different approach to structuring the content. My aim is to finish the page layout phase this long weekend, and then do final proofs and get set for release!

Kev

Thanks, Maru. This one is indeed almost ready, but not before putting up a heck of a fight! My source file for the book became corrupted a couple of days ago, and I ended up losing about 30 pages of work. I've managed to recover and rebuild the lost content, and am now back on track!

29793054_10214659225782024_9826911630246

Kev

I have just proof read the final edit :)

Kev has done an incredible job, simply brilliant, I am so happy. I am as proud of this book as I am of the model winning the Nats - it is that good. To think my inane ramblings in my build log could be taken into what is a hugely comprehensive modelling guide, along with complimentary tutorials, never before published photo's of Race #80 from esteemed collections and a brand new article (with profile artwork of TZ138's history!) from respected aviation writer & illustrator Juanita Franzi simply blows me away...

I can't wait for it to come out and see what you good folks think :)

all the best & a big thanks Kev

Peter

I have just proof read the final edit :)

Kev has done an incredible job, simply brilliant, I am so happy. I am as proud of this book as I am of the model winning the Nats - it is that good. To think my inane ramblings in my build log could be taken into what is a hugely comprehensive modelling guide, along with complimentary tutorials, never before published photo's of Race #80 from esteemed collections and a brand new article (with profile artwork of TZ138's history!) from respected aviation writer & illustrator Juanita Franzi simply blows me away...

I can't wait for it to come out and see what you good folks think :)

all the best & a big thanks Kev

Peter

ALL well deserved Peter. You are indeed one of the most down to earth, genuine people I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with.