Scale Aircraft Conversions 32018: P-39 Airacobra Landing Gear (SH)

LSP_Kevin

Tonight I had a great rare tuna steak with Dijon mustard and some lovely Shiraz red.

That's like Tamiya with Brassin or G-Factor legs.

SAC would have been like spoiling the meal drinking paint stripper.

I'm convinced the market is stashers who don't realise the soft. & cr@pp¥ metal under that quite tough vacformed plastic packaging.

(Admission: Yes, I made the mistake too, sadly twice. Never again.)

Tony

The most outrageous is not that they used a soft, unsuitable material.

It's the fact that they obviously used the original plastic kit part as the master for their mouldings instead of creating their own.

I agree.  And instead of creating masters that allow the use of undercuts in the high temp resistant silicone, they create parts that still obey the laws of draft angles fom steel moulds.  Their 1:72 Privateer undercarriage certainly appears to be copies of the kit parts judging by the rather simple representation of the scissor links on the main gear...

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SAC72026

Jens

...GIVE ME ANY G-FACTOR over any other so-called AM improvement on "metal" gear legs and such.........

Except for their ghastly 1/48 MiG-31 legs, which I'm chucking (the Avant G Models metal set being a vast improvement) G-Factor also sometimes improve on the kit parts as well as add strength, e.g. the F-8J Crusader set which gives the plane the right "sit" as well as strength.

The wonderful G-Factor Meteor legs (bagged two sets) are a work of art.

Tony