Italeri CF-104 in foil *Updated* almost done !

FunkyZeit

Guest Jessie_C

I don't think they ever were bulged. If you're doing a 60's aircraft, your pilot needs a different type of helmet which didn't have the visor cover and twin visor knobs. It was this helmet, but with the visor from this one.

I think Jessie is right. CF-104s always had the narrow main gear wheels and tyres AFAIK, so bulged doors weren't necessary. Be careful with the main wheel hubs on the narrow wheels included in the kit, they cannot be used for a CF-104...

Looks great for kitchen foil. Years ago I wanted to try NMF using candy bar inner wrappers or cigarette pack foil because they were so thin. Now, candy bars are in plastic, don't know about cigarette packs. How do you glue down the foil?

Don

Looks killer!

Actually for anything but long or vast expanses of foil say on wings, or fuselages were you want a lot of detail or rivets to show through, the thicker the foil the better.  If you burnish things right even the thickest and strongest kitchen foils will show all the detail necessary, but I like to use the thinner stuff like candy and wine wrapper foils on large wing and fuse areas.............

This not only gets you the max amount of detail showing on those larger flat open areas, but it also gets you some tonal variety in foil panels, in contrast to the sheen/tone of the thicker stronger panels.

Looking forward to more!    :popcorn:

Edited by Out2gtcha

Got some new stuff for the build. Thank goodness for payday! But don't get too excited cause a Beech 1900 driver doesn't make that much so these items aren't that cool!

image_zps59d6328b.jpg

I looked for Reynolds everywhere and I can't find it. If anyone knows where you can buy Reynolds wrap in Canada, please let me know. But really I figure a Canadian plane should be covered in Canadian Tin foil :) hope to get some trial runs down later tonight or tomorrow! I also got a sheet of flat aluminum by BMF just to see what all the fuss was about. 8 dollars for a 6x10 sheet.... Could buy 400 feet of foil for that!

Funky

Edited by FunkyZeit