Revell BAe Hawk - in 45 Days [Calling this one finished. 02/04/2017]

Breaker

Bob, the seats look great (isn't the Airscale stuff terrific?).  And I love what you've done with the det cord - it's such a prominent feature on the aircraft, in my opinion it was worth it.

Jim

I like them, I wish you got more in a pack though. With it being a two seater, I've used quite a few straight away! 

Pushing along nicely Breaker ! Love the det-cord and I can imagine it must have been great fun trying to get it all symetrical and conform to the inside curvature of the canopy... As to Your doubt wether it is an improvement or not, I'd say: definately worth the effort ! Would You mind "letting out the secret" regarding how You've attached it to the canopy ? My guess is gloss-varnish...???

Regards Rudy.

Yeah, Aquagloss was used to glue the wire just wicked into the joint

If I post you some 2mm Aluminium rods do you want to do the det cords for my Hawk? No? Oh well worth a try...... Great work, used to see these things daily from Valley and Brawdy growing up. From the days when they were Red and White, the switch to Grey and the final switch to the current Black.

2mm rod might be a bit thick mate!! :D

Threw some paint down on the undersides, Mr Hobby Barley Grey. 

35_zpslhvqf5qm.jpg

Found some of this sellotape in my junk draw, it's festive silver tape. I've made some mirrors for the canopy, so I've stuck them face down on the tape and trimmed around. Instant mirror finish and no need for glue and it's completely resistant to handling! 

36_zpstf0b47ie.jpg

Started work on the Tyres.

37_zpsmrb3p4ok.jpg

And some of the other little bits and pieces. 

38_zpsf1bs8kpx.jpg

35_zps2dqwbcug.jpg

36_zpsomaavwmo.jpg

Wasn't going to do this but I don't think I'd of been happy with the model at all if I hadn't. Wasn't as neat as I'd like but hey, time limit. I used a set of dividers to make getting the locations and spacing easier. 

37_zpsep9c14nu.jpg

Started the main paint. 

38_zpslbnozz8q.jpg

And done. I've mismatched the nose and tail on purpose to match photos of 74 Sqdrn Hawks. 

39_zpshtvbikc2.jpg

Rivets under paint! Very happy at this point apart from the wonky lines. 

40_zpsfbiqx3ww.jpg

41_zps7tyjgmxw.jpg

Clear coat is on. The blending will fade back again once the final clear coat and some blending filters and oils have been used. 

Decals are up next once the clear has set solid. 

Guest Peterpools

Simon

Unbelievable progress. looking fantastic. The ejection seats and the canopy wire are just spot on. I can only imagine how long it must have taken. How did you attach the wire to the canopy?

Paint work and decals look simply terririfc

Keep 'em coming

Peter