1/32 Roden O-2A Skymaster

b757captain

very nice Mark!

Nice build - thanks for sharing.  Having one of these underway, I realize the challenges you must have faced - well done!!!

For something you built in a hotel room, that is superb! Well done, Mark.

Kev

Thanks guys!

That is awesome.  The model and the dedication to getting it done in a shoe-box!  Nice job!

A shoe-box would have been luxurious compared to this place!

Nice! Small room or not, that came out looking good!

Excellent.

Thanks guys!

Damn nice!! Good job and wishing you all the best for your sim ride! I'm in the box myself next month - so I know the feeling - I like to go for long walks before, during and after to balance myself out prior to getting the ride done - I find a good sim ride is all a mental game - and the walks are medative and allow me to focus on SOPs, drills, flows and memory items - and not too forget the announcements in two languages to the passengers and cabin!!

After seeing your build of the mighty -337, I think I'll get one too!!

Cheers

Alan

BTW, which bird are you training on and for which operator? Are you with ANA on the -67?

Thanks Alan!

Nope, I left the 767 finally, it just holds too much gas! I hate long-haul flying so I moved back to the 737NG a few years ago - I went back and forth between the types for a few years but my last jet will be the 737. Plus, and I hate to say this because the 757/767 is my favorite to fly, but the platform is dying/dead and the airframes are being converted to cargo or scrapped at an accelerating rate.

I'm with Spring Airlines Japan, seems ok so far, I like the country much better than some of the "garden spots" I have been the last few years! My next flying job, if there is one, will be very part time in a light twin or turboprop on a remote tropical island where I spend most of my time hanging out on my sailboat and only fly to cover my bar tab. Hopefully.

Cheers,

Mark

Now, that sounds great Mark!! I've avoided all the longhaul and big iron chasing - over twenty years on the Q400/Dash 8 family of a/c and home every night!!

Enjoy Japan! We might make it there sometime - ANA approached us not long ago with a three year contract after the obligatory 6 month licence conversion - but, the company didn't let anybody go because we can't find enough pilots either!!

Cheer and safe flights

Alan

Now, that sounds great Mark!! I've avoided all the longhaul and big iron chasing - over twenty years on the Q400/Dash 8 family of a/c and home every night!!

Enjoy Japan! We might make it there sometime - ANA approached us not long ago with a three year contract after the obligatory 6 month licence conversion - but, the company didn't let anybody go because we can't find enough pilots either!!

Cheer and safe flights

Alan

6 months? Ha! They say that but the average time to a JCAB license is usually 9 months to a year  :mental:

Cheers, Mark

Mark,

SUPER NICE build.

:thumbsup:

Lovely build Mark!

As others havesaid, I'm stunned with what you've managed to produce whilst staying in a Hotel!!

Iain

An unusual subject matter and also well-done.

Thanks guys!

Good news! The Skymaster survived the trip from the shoebox hotel room in Tokyo to the (slightly larger but still) shoebox hotel in Narita. I was sweating the train ride because I had to travel during morning rush hour - never seen people stuffed so tightly into a train car like that before! Only broke the nose gear and gear door off, Easy repairs. Now for the search for more substantial accommodations so I have room to breathe.

Mark

• 2 years later...