WNW Fokker DVII Udet "Du Doch Nicht!!"

petrov27

You ever have one of those builds that seems horribly jinxed from the get go? This would be one for me - every dang step of the way I have had disasters and set-backs.

Several months ago, I had the fuselage ready for paint, it was up on my paint booth which sits very high (I stand to airbrush) and it was knocked to the cement floor with bad results. I will note that I had used very little glue assembling this and it is very fragile in the way WNW designed it to begin with...

96dafc97-22a9-4287-8ba1-dcaf8e1d9989_zps

So after that I pretty much had it for awhile, but slowly have rebuilt it - still have had more problems:

1. after getting it more or less reassembled and base painted, ruined it with a clear coat that reacted with the red - stripped and repainted a 2nd time

2. Krow from the forums here made great custom masks for the wing stripes for me, but I gave him the wrong dimensions - painted the wing and masked the stripes twice...

3. 2nd clear coat was terrible also on 2nd repaint, salvaged things sorta by using micro-mesh sandpapers to smooth it out but what a PITA....

So here is where we are at now (apologies for the crappy pic.) Still seeing that jinx - when taking this pic tonight I noticed a bubble in the lozenge decals, took the mico set out to try to get the bubble eliminated and knocked over the mico set bottle onto the model - :doh:

IMG_1501_zps13839834.jpg

I took the mico set out to try to get the bubble eliminated and knocked over the mico set bottle onto the model - :doh:

Glad to know I'm not the only poor ******* who does that kind of dumb ****! LOL.

It looks great BTW.

Edited by Bill Cross

Guest Peterpools

Been there, done that, more times then I care to remember. But the amazing thing to me, you brought the Fokker back and she looks wonderful.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn: