1:32 F-90 Superstar

Dandiego

OK she is done.  After 15 months of off and on work I will call this project complete.

Unique and different but not a prize winner. I wanted something that I could take to Phoenix and be proud of. Mission accomplished. Lots of fun and very educational from a model building perspective.

Why oh why did I pick a natural metal finish?? I spent more time on getting a smooth surface than I did anything else. Would I scratchbuild again? Yep. But maybe not for a year or so.

Thanks to everyone who joined in the fun. 

Special thanks to Harold from AMS Resin who graciously gifted me with an ejection seat and wheels!! And thanks to Lee White for vac-forming the canopy. I couldn't have done it without your help.

Anyway here here is my F-90 Superstar.

8o3O0Jw.jpg?1

Dan

Superstar indeed! Congrats on the successful conclusion of a terrific project, Dan.

Kev

Thanks Kev, it was tons of fun.

Well done Dan.

No one else can say they have a 1:32 F-90 Superstar in their display cabinet.

Congrats.

Troy

Thanks Troy. And you are correct, No one!

Awesome work, Dan. Thank you for allowing me to help out a bit on the project, I'm thrilled to see the results! You should be incredibly proud of your work, it truly is an amazing bit of modeling.  :party0023:

Thanks Lee, would not have turned out anywhere as nice without your help with the canopy.

Outstanding build, Sir! One of my favorites of the early Jet Age, I have never seen her done in 1/32 before, it should turn a few heads!

Thanks Paul. Turning heads was one of the main reasons that I chose this subject. Up next...an F4D Skyray.

Dan