Wingnut Wings RNAS Pup Onboard HMS Repulsive

Also similar to me, the first completed model I ever saw was the Aurora Cougar but my Dad built it

and set it on top of our TV. I was about 4 at that time as well. The first model I built (also with considerable

help from my father) was an Aurora JN4 when I was 6 in 1958.

Exceptional work from you again Mr. S.

Very nice :)

Excellent Michael, a really super build in every respect. Like you, I was a maniacal child kit builder....everything that Airfix produced in the 1950s was immediately hanging from my ceiling! I returned to modelling 13 years ago as a result of my aviation research and continue to enjoy the hobby and this wonderful Forum.

Max

Thanks gentlemen! This sharing of memories among the crowd is one of the things I like best about this group. Truly heart warming.

And I sincerely appreciate the kind words and comments on my work. When you think about it, our hobby is a conundrum....a solitary pursuit that can be shared....

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Thanks gentlemen! This sharing of memories among the crowd is one of the things I like best about this group. Truly heart warming.

And I sincerely appreciate the kind words and comments on my work. When you think about it, our hobby is a conundrum....a solitary pursuit that can be shared....

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Funny you should say that Michael!  Some years ago I was asked to build some aircraft models for an online magazine; pretty much like a WiP on the forum but without of course the feedback, comments, banter etc.  I did this for a while but felt that it very much WAS a solitary experience, me in my ivory tower.  The magazine owner didn't want the builds to be shared on other internet sites which was understandable because his was a commercial enterprise but in the end I missed the (social) intercourse and pulled out of the magazine team. (Though I see I'm still included as a member and have lifetime access to the magazine.....services rendered I guess).

Max

the feedback, comments, banter etc.  I did this for a while but felt that it very much WAS a solitary experience, 

Indeed, Max....I am sure one of the main reasons I have so fallen in love with model building again is the camaraderie found in forums and FB groups.  I think back to building models as a kid in the 60s, when there sure wasn't any internet, and there weren't any clubs or other venues in which to share the experience. It was not only solitary, it was damn lonely. I completely understand your decision to pull out of the magazine experience. 

Cheers

Wow, super job Michael!

I am very glad to see you have benefited from my Gekko articles all those years ago...Ironically, I have been in a hiatus from scale modeling for the past ten years, having taken up photography in my spare time.

I have kept in touch and lurking, and recently started whittling plastic again on some WNW kits.

Your Pup is stunning as is the basework.

Thanks again for the shout-out, I may have missed it originally...

Congrats!

Gregg Cooper

Wow, super job Michael!

I am very glad to see you have benefited from my Gekko articles all those years ago...Ironically, I have been in a hiatus from scale modeling for the past ten years, having taken up photography in my spare time.

I have kept in touch and lurking, and recently started whittling plastic again on some WNW kits.

Your Pup is stunning as is the basework.

Thanks again for the shout-out, I may have missed it originally...

Congrats!

Gregg Cooper

Hello, Gregg! Wow, speak of the Devil! Yes, indeed, following your step by step build of the Gekko was my reintroduction to model building and I thank you again for it!  Thanks for weighing in here and I hope you will share some of your, what I know is excellent, "whittling" with us here on the forums! 

Good to hear from you!

Cheers from NYC,

Michael