HPH SB2C Helldiver

And i guess that over-engineering can hardly be seen afterwards, like detailing inside?

Jack.

Actually not too bad. The standard options for open or closed, such as the canopies and bomb bay are there. HPH only offers the cowl as a one-piece unit so showing off the engine is an all or nothing affair. The closed-up portions are devoid of any unnecessary detail. My biggest complaint re: over-engineering is with the flaps (way too much reliance on PE, areas in the bomb bay where the instructions are too vague and some guess work is needed, and (my opinion) the engine could have been molded with half the parts and not lost any detail.

Still not going to deter me from jumping on the Tigercat when it comes out!

Mark 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Lovely work and thank you for sharing, I've just started mine so will be popping back for inspiration frequently

Best

Alex

Thanks Alex! Just remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint - progress with this kit seems to be hard to judge sometimes but keep at it, it's worth it in the end.

The Helldiver was my first all resin kit and first HPH. I thought well enough of it that I picked up the F7F as well. Now if I can get back home and start on it  :hmmm:

Mark