S.e.5a - No 74 'Tiger' Squadron, Clairmarais 1918.

kkarlsen

• 2 weeks later...

Finally done with the airbrush work. I was nearly going crazy with all the masking tape used for the ribs... :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

7698-030717133829-1113599.jpeg

7698-030717135701-111711977.jpeg

7698-030717135700-11166455.jpeg

7698-030717135702-111742392.jpeg

7698-030717135846-111771241.jpeg

7698-030717135846-11176154.jpeg

I did order some paints from Misterkit: Their PC-12 RFC/RAF and Clear doped linen RFC/RAF, but I wasn't happy with the nuances. So I ended up mixing my own colors for the PC-12 & doped linen...

Edited by kkarlsen

Kent,

I just had the opportunity and pleasure to read through your complete build to date, and honestly I'm just amazed at the scope of this project.  Not one, but three complete S.e.5a  aircraft. The triple build to date has brought each aircraft up to your high detailing standards. An amazing feat in its own right.  Your painting of the basic colors has absolutely near on perfect color modulation, and that's without any weathering ! To say I'm way more then impressed, it putting it mildly. :wow:

I'm certainly looking forward to following the rest of your build to its conclusion.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Kent,

I just had the opportunity to pleasure to read through your complete build to date, and honestly I'm just amazed at the scope of this project.  Not one but three completely and well detailed S.e.5a  aircraft. The triple build to date has brought each aircraft up to your high detailing standards. The painting of the basic colors has absolutely near on perfect color modulation, and that's without any weathering ! To same I'm way more then impressed, it putting it mildly. :wow:

I'm certainly looking forward to following the rest of your build to its conclusion.

Joel

Thanks Joel, yeah it is a massive task, but not like 3 times 1, you can benefit from working in threes, the rutine doing the same things, drying time etc... BTW this is the fourth S.e.5a build, don't forget the one without the wings on the trailer, that was when i practiced for this ...

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=61617&page=2

:frantic:

Kent

Edited by kkarlsen

Such nice work. Love the spars' shading. My friend and I got together and shared a work table last night as he began a 1/14th scale S.E. 5A from a Guillow's balsa kit. I had been thinking my 1/24 Fury was big, but I felt like I was in 1/72 .