Zacto A-7 correction set and Su-27 canopy available again soon

zipper

Both the kit canopy and intake look like they've been squashed vertically. That's why fixing just the intake or just the canopy is only part of the fix. IMHO, the intake fix is the biggest help as that's pretty noticeable and it's difficult to hide. Positioning the kit canopy in the open position helps a little with its look.

You really need the whole "unsquash" ensemble. Once you have the Zacto canopy parts to hand with the spectacular windshield inner framing and canopy hood and compare those to the kit parts you'll realise what an utter and complete unmitigated pig's ear the uncorrected Trumpeter kit is.

There are also some glaring omissions which are remedied using the Aires wheel wells, though there's nothing out there to replace the A-7D type aft ventral hump with either of the correct A-7E DECM fittings used by the latter type; or, conversely, to replace the Navy wing pylons with the correct USAF types on the A-7D.

Tony

I've bought several of Chris's (Zactomans) upgrade sets and have always been amazed at the quality of them, some of the major companies, CMK, Aires, etc, could learn a thing or two from him. So, yes, they are relatively expensive, but quality costs, simple as that! The F-14 intake set really is a masterpiece, I just hope my meagre skills can do them justice when I eventually get around to making my Tomcat. I also have some of his AIM-9 Sidewinders and if I had the funds, I'd buy a shed load more.

I have the Trumpy A-7D and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the canopy, nose cone and seamless intake sets get re-released as I, like many others, would rather wait for Chris to release them again, than build it without them.

As for shipping costs, Chris doesn't make them up or profit from them, he charges what the US postal system charges, no more, no less. He even goes out of his way to make sure you don't overpay on the shipping, I'm not guessing here, I know from personal experience.

So, Chris, you carry on doing that voodoo that you do so well, I'm glad your family health issues seem to be getting better and I hope that 2017 is a fantastic year for you and for Zactomodels, maybe we'll even get to see that rather wonderful YF-23 Black Widow that you're working on, I personally, would sell major body parts for one :)!

Thanks for chiming in Chris.

I love ALL of your stuff, and was lucky enough to purchase one of the original sets w/canopy, canopy frame, intake lip and full seamless intake. I love the Dixie cup protection for shipping too.  :lol: 

I also used your SU intakes on my SU-30 MKK, and im SO glad I did. Saved me a TON of headaches, and only wish I had done it sooner in the build. 

Late 2013 my 23 y/o daughter started having unexplained seizures. We took her in and did our best to care for her for over a year. She is now living on her own in California and doing much better.

Late 2015 my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery and underwent chemotherapy (through mid-2016).

Shortly after she finished chemo my mother took ill and has been since. She lives here in town and we have spent lots of time helping where we can.

My wife had reconstructive surgery in December and is almost healed.

We've had a rough several years and it has really hurt the business.

My apologies to those who've been waiting for new products or re-release of older products. I'm hoping 2017 turns out to be a great year.

:beer:

Edit: Lousy English...

Wow, Chris, sorry to hear about the health problems. I had heard something, but did not know the details. My wife was in the same boat at nearly the exact time: diagnosed Nov 2015, surgery, chemo and radiation in 2016. She has her 1 year checkup Monday and is freaking out about it.  :frantic:

Oddly, I have an acquaintance whose daughter also had mysterious seizures. Turned out - they think - she has a rare combination of diseases combined with a mentally induced reaction( she stresses she is going to have a seizure, so causes one). Took quite a while but is finally doing better.

Hope your family finally turns the corner! Love your stuff! I was smart enough to get the A-7 stuff when you first offered it! :yahoo:

Really great news to know that all of the Zacto's A-7 corrections may be available soon again!

Time to shop around for a Trump A-7E me thinks... :)

But... will Aires and other 'complete tub' resin cockpits work with the Zacto correction sets?

In other words, does the width of the forward fuselage (around the cockpit) change after said corrections has been installed?

Otherwise I may go with just adding extra details from Eduard or the like.

Edited by Anders_Isaksson

Hey Chris very glad to hear you are getting back onto smoother waters after a very rough few years.

Glad to hear that indeed you are a wonderful assett to the modelling community and your skills have been missed.

Hope things continue ti improve.

For those not lucky enough to have any of Chris's great products think if Aires quailty but better and they fit..nuff said.