Revell Spitfire Mk.II

Nic C.D.

Thanks guys!

It's a fun kit to do. Revell makes is pretty easy when you do an out of box build. Was very impressed with the decals, by the way. 

It's the kind of kit you can build more than once. I mean; when HK's Lancaster will be available, I'd love to build one, but I'll only do one. And I'll try to do it all the way, with super detail, scratch, and I don't know what. This Spitfire at 25 euro, you can do a couple of them, so you want the build to go smoothly. And it does!

To be honnest, I picked up speed in building models because of two things: 1. the shop manager of our LHS here in Brussels who suggested another airbrush and 2. LSP, where you get lots of advice and motivation to continue.

Right, back to work!

Nic

• 2 weeks later...

I got the propellor and the main gear on the Spitfire done. With some paint on it looks not bad! 

Now, it's on to the tiny details; tail wheel, flaps, pulling the antenna, etc. Here are some photos of the main gear:

Foto-TOLVDEHO-D.jpg

I airbrushed the tires dark grey and brown on the running surfaces, alu for the rim. Afterwards a wash in black, some drybrushing for the details and aquarelle brown for some mud stains.

Foto-O8HLZYU6-D.jpg

Here is how the Spitfire looks, nearly done - not the best of photos, sorry about that! 

Foto-FZWWSA7J-D.jpg

The only thing that worries me is painting the exhaust stains. I'm not quite sure what to do; black doesn't seem to be the right way, maybe I should go for some light sand colour? I haven't found a wartime era photo of the Mk.II that could help me, so if you have suggestions, please post! 

I hope to finish the kit soon. Right in time to start another one ! 

Hope you like her so far!

Nic

• 3 months later...