Cockpit is almost completed, I should be able to close the fuselage in the coming days.

The IP a piece of resin with a film glued behind with tiny levers in resin. Not much will be seen after the fuselage is closed as the IP is pretty deeply recessed inside the tub.

IP_zpsmu1wfwia.jpg

cockpit4_zpswgobrxv5.jpg

With the stick dry fitted, which bears an uncanny resemblance with a Spit stick.

cockpit5_zpsynqvrcud.jpg

And with the seat bulkhead dryfitted. I also added a few airscale placards on the side walls and IP, adds character :) .

Cockpit6_zpsdepbmina.jpg

Till next time. Thanks for watching.

David

Hakan, Shaka, Kev, thank you for the kind words. I have closed the fuselage with 5 minutes epoxy, after flat coating the cockpit. One more shot of the cockpit before closing:

cockpit7_zps9xxnaqiv.jpg

And the fuse will now dry overnight before sending but as you can see the seem is pretty minimal and what is more important the panel lines between the two halves of the fuselage are perfectly aligned. No credit for me here, the two fuses had pretty hefty locating pins and the fit is quite impressive for a resin kit. So far this kit has been a pleasure to build.

fuse_zpsktzl7mek.jpg

Cheers,

David

Thank you for the kind words. Made some more progress. I primed the fuselage with Mr. Resin and proceeded to fill the central seam. Quite a bit of work but this is not a large airplane. I also rescribed the panel lines lost in the sanding. I then glued in the lower wing with 5 minutes epoxy. Fit was really good so sanding of the wing root will be minimal.

lower%20wings_zps5hsr3j0g.jpg

tail is just dry fitted for the moment but the fit is pretty good.

I also glued the main wing with five minute epoxy, fit was good but I needed to use a small jig to get the correct dehydral on the wing. Here it is with the ailerons glued and the central seem filled and sanded and the panel lines rescribed

wing_zpsabvyk1wr.jpg

I also continued to prepare some other elements such as the wheels carriage. Fit was good but there was a large seam in front which need to be puttied. Next step, masking the wheels and priming the wheels carriage.

landing%20gear_zpsbwhykym7.jpg

I have purchased some Aber MG17 to replace the kit part which was not too convincing. This is going to look much better and it is worth the investment since they are so apparent on this aircraft.

MG_zpsjd29wml4.jpg

I have also prepared the ventral tank and the four fifty kg bombs which will be installed under the lower wings. Does any of you know what color these bombs should painted? I can't seem to find a definite answer.

That's all for now, thank you for following this build.

David

Guest Clunkmeister

Nice looking build. It's looking great and makes me want to jump into my build too.

I really hate building bombs, so more power to you! LOL!