An Italian Thunderjet

alberto49

Here following some pictures of my model of an Italian F-84G sporting the insignia of  5 Stormo / 5 Aerobrigata based in Villafranca airport in 1952.

Starting in 1952 Italy received 242 Thunderjets that also went to 6 Stormo and 51 Stormo. They ended their service in 1956 when they were scrapped.

The kit I used was the one from Hobby Boss in 1:32 scale, with the addition of AMS Resin cockpit en CMK HVAR rockets.

ocsC35.jpg

uhAciE.jpg

Fzcc8k.jpg

FQ8U7T.jpg

Many thanks for all nice comments!

By the way, I just been told by a friend on an Italian chat dedicated to the "Thunders", that the way HVARS are installed on my model aren't correct for an Italian bird. 

My goal as modeller was and still is to be as much as possible historically correct, so I wait for documentation from that guy and, very likely, I will modify that detail.

So, more pictures to come sometime in the near future.

Alberto

Not your usual national markings, thanks for sharing.

Hi, why are you saying that those national marking are unusual? They have been introduced for the first time during WW1, forgotten for nearly 20 years during Fascism and back in use in late 1943 when the Co belligerent Aviation was crated in Southern Italy.

Alberto

Hi, why are you saying that those national marking are unusual? They have been introduced for the first time during WW1, forgotten for nearly 20 years during Fascism and back in use in late 1943 when the Co belligerent Aviation was crated in Southern Italy.

Alberto

Alberto, I think Bill means that they're unusual compared to the USAF markings you normally see on Thunderjets.

Kev