LEM Su-22 Fitter FINISHED

blackbetty

i have found no pics, but judging from the cutaway drawings from the 4+ book the rearmost part of the pit must have the curvature of the air intakes visible, since the side panels dont extend to the very aft of the pit. hope this makes sense

Hi, blackbetty,

Great work so far, but unfortunately air intakes are not visible in cockpit. If you need reference photos, you have to see the best Su-22M4 walkaround ever:

http://www.modelwork.pl/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1531

Polish AF Su-22M4 at aviation workshop. Enjoy!.

next i ground down the resin fuselage from the inside to make it more sclae thickness. this has to be done to raise the pit parts up enough to be in the right position. this is no critique of the resin casting, its nice and sturdy, but has to be thinner in some places. this would be very compilcated to cast.

28_zpsc6kacgh1.jpg

29_zps1qifsubo.jpg

i have now to decide what to do with the canopy. i first wanted to chicken out and keep it closed, but after some thought went ahead and cut the one-piece part to display it open.

i am still not sure if i will use the kit vac-part, i will make a master and will maybe use a modified version, you will see why later

32_zps0ddl5mvh.jpg

stay tuned, thanx for looking

Edited by blackbetty

• 4 weeks later...

its not so important how the outside looks, it will be covered by the clear part and give some depth to the assembly

48_zpsk6dfopja.jpg

shown here. its just stuck on, so i can still detail the area around the windshield inside and the add the HUD and TV screen

49_zpsqiawnlpx.jpg

a also started on the frame of the rear part that will be displayed open

50_zpsbbzudnvv.jpg

stay tuned

Edited by blackbetty

• 2 weeks later...