P-40E , White 36, 191 IAP VVS KBF

Guest Martinnfb

Gentlemen, thank you so much for your kind response. I am humbled. I didn't expect such a positive outcome, this kit is nice to build and it requires very little help to become a presentable replica of P-40.

In terms of weathering, I used synthetic MM and Humbrol paints. Oil streaks are made with artistic oil, dusting was done by light overspray with medium grey and thinly brushed by lacquer thinner.

I was trying to recreate the used-up summer look from Baltic front area. Utilizing memories from my past, when I use to hang around the airport as a kid.

Thank You again.

Cheers

Martin

The next in line is going to be much cleaner, but much chubbier machine :)

Martin that is beautiful! The paint and weathering look amazingly realistic. You should be darn proud of that P-40.

Thank You Tony, much appreciate your kind words. Funny coincidence, that we built them in parallel :)

Superb, simple as that.

Ian.

Thank  You Ian, you're way too kind. :)

Oh, my ex Soviet friend, absolutely bloody amazing!

The work you do to bring to life the dark, but glorious days of a side of the Great Patriotic War us a Westerners have never seen is amazing.

Your service to the Motherland has exceeded even my lefty (lofty, typo is funny, so I left it) expectations, and I fully expect and wholly endorse the General Secretary and Politburo's approval of the Star of Lenin and Hero of the ex Soviet Union for your grand and noble efforts.

I will raise my glass high in toast to you, Comrade, despite having to drink the swill that Americans pass off as vodka. Sergey would be proud, my friend!

Thank You comrade for your everlasting support of the motherland and greetings to Mexico :)

It's hard to follow Clunkmeister's post!  LOL!

Anyway, your Warhawk is splendid and the weather is just what I hope to be able to do myself on these subjects.

Thank You Sir, appreciate the kind words. 

Cheers

Martin