Tamiya Spitfire XVI- TD248

BloorwestSiR

Thanks everyone!

I started painting the landing gear in green as per the information from Steve.

20170531_114310.jpg

20170531_115339.jpg

The cowl panels are for my VII build by needed to be done in green too.

After looking at the decals for the roundels, I've decided to order some custom sized masks from Maketar instead. This was I'll be able to get the red to match the stripes.

So I'm going to continue with the gear and once the masks arrive, I'll get those painted and then decals.

Carl

Looking sweet carl!

Just a couple of small points. The gear legs and wheel hubs were silver, it was the inside of the UC gear covers and wheel well that was green. Sorry if there was any confusion there. 248 also had the round type of exhausts as opposed to the fishtail type. 

That paint job though......beautifully done. Looks every inch the aircraft I knew!  :thumbsup:

Best regards;

Steve

Looking sweet carl!

Just a couple of small points. The gear legs and wheel hubs were silver, it was the inside of the UC gear covers and wheel well that was green. Sorry if there was any confusion there. 248 also had the round type of exhausts as opposed to the fishtail type.

That paint job though......beautifully done. Looks every inch the aircraft I knew! :thumbsup:

Best regards;

Steve

Uh oh, looks like I got a couple of the details backwards then.

20170604_115052.jpg

I took a look a this morning and the covers over the gear leg mountings are glued on solid. So I guess I'm going to have to leave those as is. I'll have to check the exhausts and see if I can switch them out. I'll repaint the wheels though.

Couldn't tell that it was done using a hairy stick!

Looks great!

Looking excellent Carl! The finish line is in sight now. 

Those old hairy sticks still come in useful! (Says he, prolific user of hairy sticks still who is stuck in a 1978 modelling time warp!

Best regards;

Steve

Thanks Shaka and Steve! I really avoid using hairy sticks as much as possible. Now just to wait for the masks to arrive so I can finish the build.

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Michael!

It looks like the masks I ordered won't be arriving in time for me to finish this before the deadline. :(

Once they do get here, I'll hopefully get it moved to the Clear the Bench GB and finish her there.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Coming along beautifully, looking forward to the end product - in a line-up with the others you've got on the go, of course.  No pressure though ... ;)

Haven't looked in on this one for a while Carl! Excellent job on that silver finish!! Not a hint of graininess, very even density. Great save on the landing gear too.

Spectacular looking Spitfire! Can't wait to see her finished up, one down...

Richard