Bf110F/G in the future?

BJW

Just wondering if anybody has heard any rumors or musings concerning new tool Bf110F/G kit in the near future?

I can't believe I'm the only one pining for a modern tooled version of this??

Even a new tool Me210/410 would suffice, by any kit maker other than the short run HPH version!  

No, you're not the only one. In fact, there's a recent thread about it right here:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=69984

As it happens, I mentioned this to Neil at HK Models, and he's definitely interested. Whether it actually comes to fruition or not is anybody's guess, but it won't be for lack of interest if it doesn't.

In the meantime, we're left with fixing the old Revell kit, or converting the newer Dragon ones.

Kev

Yes, I think MANY of us are. Since seeing the not so great G4 conversion back at the 2011 NATs, and got ahold of the terrible Revell G, I've been downright amazed that by this point DML has not put one out.

I'd bet it would be wonderful, save probably horrible instructions

Edited by Out2gtcha

Yep ...

For the Bf.110 - refer to the thread link posted by Kev above ... there are numerous others, started at various times over the last 7-10 years.

I tried to encourage someone to get a decent G-4 conversion off the ground about 3-4years back ... but it pretty much went nowhere significant.

As for the Me.210/410 ... While HpH resin kits are considered expensive by many ... and overly difficult in the effort department by some ...

they also have everything needed in the box, to get a detailed and accurate model completed ... no AM required.

They are not "short run" or "limited run" as they are resin/fibreglass ...

HpH fill a much needed niche market for aircraft that are desired by enthusiasts - but not in so much demand by the main stream ...

I think you'd find that limited sales of an IM new tooled version of a Me.410 would not justify the outlay required for it.

The Bf.110G variant however, is a totally different proposition ... The various Dragon/Cyber Hobby new tooled Bf.110C-E kits appear to have sold as handsomely as their Bf.109E's

... and they scored well in the 3 major categories for a good kit ... A good fit/finish, accurate and well detailed.

Of course ... the most popular subject in the Bf.110 range by far would be the G variant ... certainly, I think it would have outsold all of their other kits by a country mile.

One can only speculate as to why Dragon didn't follow through with an F/G variant - but the upside is that it has left the market wide open for someone like Neil and HK Model

... and if he invests in it, it could prove to be the best selling of his kits!

Rog :)

As it happens, I mentioned this to Neil at HK Models, and he's definitely interested. Whether it actually comes to fruition or not is anybody's guess, but it won't be for lack of interest if it doesn't.

Kev

Yo, Kev? Next time you talk to Niel, could you also, like, mention a P-38?

kthx

yrs trly,

Thousands of Modelers With Money to Spend

Edited by AdamR

Just wondering if anybody has heard any rumors or musings concerning new tool Bf110F/G kit in the near future?

I can't believe I'm the only one pining for a modern tooled version of this??

Even a new tool Me210/410 would suffice, by any kit maker other than the short run HPH version!

And no, you are not the only one pining for a new '110, BJW. Edited by AdamR

Yo, Kev? Next time you talk to Niel, could you also, like, mention a P-38?

kthx

yrs trly,

Thousands of Modelers With Money to Spend

Mr. AdamR, Please do not distract. We have a P-38 kit. It has a few warts and could be the wrong varient for some folks. But the industry has some catching up to do around the '110G.

Rick

DMLs 110 kits (with the exception of the horrible instructions) are the been knees, and I really wish they simply would have continued on with the line. I realize the G is not the E and there are a LOT of differences, but I would think starting from scratch would be way more difficult than modding an already existing nice kit.

There has been SO much interest in the "G" ever since DML started the line that Im almost more shocked than anything that isnt out by most any company, that they didn't put out a G by now.  

As was stated above, I personally think it would have been their best seller of the whole line by a country mile.  

Good news though, if Neil and co at at HKM are interested!!  I really hope that little tid-bit pans out! 

Well, as the DML kit was designed in a modular way, creating a G mold is not a so drastic change. This asks for one new large sprue and a canopy. No comparison with the development of a full kit! I don't know why DML did not release the G but the existing kit has clearly been built to release the late marks.

This decision does not really surprise me as they always had the same policy with their AFVs. Modellers cried when the first Cyberhobby kit (the limited edition Tiger IE Tunisia model) disappeared from the shelves many years ago and similarly when the Sherman M4A1 early vanished... In spite of the fact they could have sold trains of boxes, they only re-released such topics when competitors announced them (Rye Field and Tasca)... So, the announcement of a Me110 by another company is clearly what we need to incitate the brain of the lizard to release the late 110s!

Thats a shame if true. I really have to admit, I dont in fact see any new aircraft releases from DML.   Quite sad, but the old adage holds true, that as soon as 1 company releases one, well see at least 1 more for sure!   :lol:

Edited by Out2gtcha