E-2C Hawkeye

It's best to sand the fuselage halves down to where they meet the canopy, Mark- Slow and steady, uniform sanding is best..... The GB runs for a year, so no need to rush! :) I sometimes get a smaller scale kit, and measure the canopy or whatever to see if the vac part is close to the dimension it should be, since if it is badly undersized, or badly oversized for that matter, I'll sand the fuselage to the correct size, and make a canopy that fits later.

It's best to sand the fuselage halves down to where they meet the canopy, Mark- Slow and steady, uniform sanding is best..... The GB runs for a year, so no need to rush! :) I sometimes get a smaller scale kit, and measure the canopy or whatever to see if the vac part is close to the dimension it should be, since if it is badly undersized, or badly oversized for that matter, I'll sand the fuselage to the correct size, and make a canopy that fits later.

Thanks for the info so i know now before i start the cockpit otherwise al the work for nothing because it wont fit anymore.

Mark

And yes i know i have a year to complete this build but i dondt whant to screw it up(its easy going here)

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see you making progress here, Mark!! I'm watching closely, as I might have to get one of these for myself someday. How did you make your bulkhead? That is one question many people have about vacs, and of the many methods available, yours might be the best? Cheers,

Lee

Hey mark,

Just found out something new to me, and did not know if you were aware of it- if you are building your Hawkeye with the wings folded, you might want to retract the dome too. I didn't know the dome could retract, or lower by around 1m, until I saw it in this video, at the 2:00 mark. I'm guessing that this feature is so it fits on the hangar deck-

Oooww, that is so cool! I never knew that! I've got the 1/48 kit and the same book as Mark, but I never noticed that!

Anyway, not sure I'll build the 1/48 kit - looking at what Mark is doing it sure would be awesome to build it in 1/32.

Really looking forward in more progress! Ow, there are so many nice projects to do, but this Hawkeye sure makes me enthousiastic!

Nic

I have always wondered how they lower the radome, thanx for the link. But when on top I hardly think they'll lower them I have never seen those panels flipped on the picture I got of hummers on the deck...

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

Hi Mark, i have "this lady" in waiting, so to speak, and was wondering if you're doing a complete interior build up as well, that should be interesting, and if so, do you have any good interior pictures that would be helpful in building?

Wishing you lots and lots of fun building, anxious to see more progress, keep up the good work,

Jack.

Great to see you making progress here, Mark!! I'm watching closely, as I might have to get one of these for myself someday. How did you make your bulkhead? That is one question many people have about vacs, and of the many methods available, yours might be the best? Cheers,

Lee

When i make the next bulkhead i will take some pics.

Im not that good with my english.

Oooww, that is so cool! I never knew that! I've got the 1/48 kit and the same book as Mark, but I never noticed that!

Anyway, not sure I'll build the 1/48 kit - looking at what Mark is doing it sure would be awesome to build it in 1/32.

Really looking forward in more progress! Ow, there are so many nice projects to do, but this Hawkeye sure makes me enthousiastic!

Nic

Thanks i have the kinetick kit here so i can take a look when building this one

Hi Mark, i have "this lady" in waiting, so to speak, and was wondering if you're doing a complete interior build up as well, that should be interesting, and if so, do you have any good interior pictures that would be helpful in building?

Wishing you lots and lots of fun building, anxious to see more progress, keep up the good work,

Jack.

I think im not going to build the compleet intirior when finnishd u will see noting of it

mark, have you got the papermodel in 1:33 scale? lots of parts to copy there. if not i can send you a copy.

I will send u a pm

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Mark

Thanks the the video and the information. Absolutely never knew about the dish raising and lowering

:rolleyes: