1/32 Tamiya F4U-1D!

wrbrdmech

Lots of whining and whinging in this community when a superlative kit is introduced, yet lots of glossing over of obvious faults, fit problems, crappy engineering and shape issues when poor kits are introduced...

Just an observation.

I don't care, I'll get one (or more - great basis for a Super/Goodyear Corsair) and enjoy the **** out of building, painting and weathering what are probably the best kits you can get in styrene....

Sigh.... Tamiya got it right.

"Corsair outer wings were of composite construction with stressed skin leading edges forward of the main beam (spar) and a fabric covered aft section supported by internal truss type ribs..."  Meaning: ALL US Navy F4U-1, F3A-1, FG-1, F4U-1C, F4U-1D and FG-1D aircraft outer wing panels were  fabric covered aft of the main beam (spar).

Source:  AN 01-45HA-2 for the F4U-1, F3A-1, FG-1, F4U-1C, F4U-1D and FG-1D, dated 1 July 1945 and revised 15 April 1946.

Corsair blueprint VS-10013 view of upper wing.

jYAm39V.png

Edited by Juggernut

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Only one?  I'm in for two to start.

I'm surely a happy guy but my bench needs to be first cleared of on going projects: the Roland and Owl and then I'm hoping the Corsair is out and ready.

Peter

Carl

Only one? I'm in for two to start.

I'm surely a happy guy but my bench needs to be first cleared of on going projects: the Roland and Owl and then I'm hoping the Corsair is out and ready.

Peter

Peter, just one for now. I have three 1A's in the stash and I just lost my job. Which is a bit of a mixed blessing as I can now focus on the home renos that we're about to start.

Carl

Guest Peterpools

Carl

I'm very sorry to hear about your job and hopefully you will find a better position in a short time.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Looking at the right wing, the fabric stands out much more then in the first image of the same aircraft. My number rule in modeling: never doubt Papa Tamiya.

d5eaf195334d55761883afb8232c2d09_zps7rzr

vought_f4u_corsair_aircraft-wide_zps51k5

Peter

HOT DAMN!!!!! I knew my wait wouldn't be in vain. This makes my day, week, month, etc! LOL :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap2: :clap2: :D :D

Didn't I say a few years ago Tamiya assured the owner of the Corsair they had exclusive access to that they would release a F4U-1D (a FAA version is being released too).

They also accessed the F4U-4 he formerly owned. The pictures are in the photo handbook in the kit.

Peter, just one for now. I have three 1A's in the stash and I just lost my job. Which is a bit of a mixed blessing as I can now focus on the home renos that we're about to start.

Carl

I was laid off end of November. I thought it was the end of the world, a first for me in my lifetime. I was only out of work 1 month. I have had five offers, I just jumped ship from my first new employer. I couldn't resist, 17 k pay raise, a dream job that I have longed for a long time, an extra week of vacation after one year, which jumps to 5 weeks after 5 years.

Felt bad leaving a very good employer after only 3 months. But I am settled now.