Air War Over Korea Group Build Discussion.

LSP_Kevin

SEA FURY, FIREFLY and SEAFIRE MUST WATCH! 

No idea why this is called Hitlers Secret  weapons on the title at youtube, but its great archival film of the Fleet Air Arm's fighters Korean war era, mostly Sea Fury's. Get some :popcorn: and a  :beer4: and check this out!  

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, are you able to shrink images from 1024 to 872 for the GB gallery? I've never mastered the skill of reducing the image size other than cutting off parts of the images...

- dutik

(No comments please, I have no image editor able to do this and I won't buy one, nor download something "for free" from the web.)

Dutik, OK, So no download is required at Photobucket.com, just sign up, nothing is put in your PC its all online. Second, once you upload the images to your photobucket account,  you can "resize"( and do all kinds of other neat stuff)  using their edit features. Click on  "resize" and enter  800x600 then save and replace original when you have it the way you like. Then copy and attach the IMG link in your posts, very simple.

Paul 

I use a German (my language) upload service, for free, and without images disappearing after some time (just check the posts here with all that empty photobucket stamps...). But I shall check if the upload service has a tool to convert images. Maybe this will do the trick. Otherwise I will readjust my camera and make two sets of images - one full size for my archives, and one downsized for the GB gallery. Not a biggie.

- dutik

• 2 weeks later...

Another poor man option if you have a Windows-based computer is the use of the resize function in MS paint. Just decrease similarly the vertical and horizontal ratios to get smaller images. Far from being perfect but at least this is standard on all MS computers!

Thierry

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The deadline has in fact passed, which means that the GB has in fact technically finished. However, if there's enough interest, we can institute a small extension while the next GB is being sorted out. If there are enough entries near the finish line, where an extension of 2-4 weeks might make a difference, then I'm happy to do it. Let me know!

Kev

Well, personally, I'll go on slowly! So, looking at the current status of my plane, one additional month will not change a lot of things. Hence, I'd say it is up to the others!

Thierry, Keep working on your marvelous aircraft, and get as close as you can, a work of art like yours takes time.

Paul 

• 4 weeks later...