Curtiss Kittyhawk (P-40E, Hasegawa)

Left side exhaust...I used CA to assemble the exhaust (ass-uming that the seam should be there) followed up by a quick shot of black primer and Tamiya weathering sets. Glue into the model using white glue.

PITA..cause the end of the exhaust didn't quite fit the holes, so I just cut those out and eyeballed it. White glue takes a while to set but is "sticky" enough for such small parts and strengths not needed here.

Should finish up the right side soon and I'm done for the day to do some chores!

gIsfQ35.jpg

Shaka, I know that you've agonised over many aspects of your build but those excellent photographs show that it's all been worthwhile.....that is one very fine model indeed! You've doubtless learned many skills and techniques, so what's next?

Max

Not quite there yet, Max. But I am close (if I find a part that is!)

I'm not sure what's next...I have a few kits on hand, but keep changing my mind on what to do next. I do wish I had that scratch building book on hand as I'd like to dig into it ASAP.

Next project can't be a British or American subject. I dying to try a NMF finish..and to prove to myself that I'm actually weathering and not hiding construction mishaps with it -- a relatively flawless build. It will definitely have some additional/scratch built details.

I guess, I'm wide open!

Well, I'll need to do some minor touch up's here and there, but I'll consider it done. I'm tired of this build and it's been a struggle to finish it for some odd reason. Thank you all for your feedback -- again, I do appreciate it.

It not perfect, but it's my "best" work so far.

I might take more close ups this weekend, but we'll see.

oDZjKTI.jpg

v5DQA0F.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

We're all our own worst critics Shaka, as we should be, and for me perfection is unattainable but as long as I've learned something from a build and I'm happy to put it on display, then I'm satisfied. By that measure, you can be very, very proud of your Kittyhawk indeed.

Max