1:32 Hawker Demon - available now !

Silver Wings

Wow, this is a quick reply!

To be frank, I already saw a progressive and positive evolution when I'm comparing the Demon plans with the ones of my older SIlver Wing kits or with some of the kits originally released by Montex (such as the Hawker Fury): better location of the parts, clearer sketches, better  information about the build order, interior color information, rigging scheme, etc.

To explain my prior comments in a more detailed way: the sketches are very nice but do not show exactly the precise location of some of the smallest elements. Considering that CA glue must be used and that the small parts are logically quite fragile, doing an error is not forgiving! So adding two or three pictures (similar to the pictures 9 or 12 in the Hart build guide) in the instructions would be a true asset when the cockpit is quite complex with a lot of small parts. When a building guide is available this is not necessary but the guides are not available for all kits and generally arrive later than the kit release. This would also help in solving the other problem: the identification of some small parts. By the way for the Demon, I realized that the parts which were difficult to identify were generally the smallest external ones (Lewis MG muzzle support, fuel tank plug, lights, antenna support poles and rudder/stab actuators). So, for the smallest parts, a picture identifying them would be welcome as well!

Last, another point: many modellers prefer doing their seat belts themselves. So, if possible, please give them this option and separate the belt from the buckles on the photoetched fret.

Fortunately, such improvements do not ask for major changes or investment and they would noticeably ease the job!

BR

Thierry

Thierry, we will definately follow your advices. One more time - thank you very much :)

Regarding the seatbelts. I understand your point but as you said - "many", not all modellers. We try to satisfy as many preferrences as possible but have to consider all types of modellers' skills so offering ready seatbelts might be a big advantage for inexperienced modellers.

We'll see what we can do. Please keep on sending us any type of suggestions concerning our products, website etc.

• 1 year later...