Hasegawa Me 262 Aufklärer Ia

Alain Gadbois

Thank you Shaka!

I am now fitting together the engine pod parts. Petty good fit, but not a very smooth transition from the intake part to the others behind. There will be much sanding needed.

wZhQaU4.jpg

Here are the basic components for both engines. I will not add any detail to the engines themselves and will glue everything shut.

MGbNBAX.jpg

You can clearly see the kink on this top view:

eMWjWpr.jpg

I sand with a pretty coarse sanding block while the parts are held together with Tamiya tape.

MDKLIDD.jpg

85pKHTI.jpg

One nacelle (roughly) done!

I used this image in German Aircraft Interiors (Merrick, Monogram books), which is almost exactly 1/32, to get the curve right:

lvWdeMQ.jpg

The arrows point to the bottom contour of the nacelle in the book photo.

Thank you for watching!

Alain

Hello all!

A bit more progress on the engine nacelles today. Although I seem to be just fixing unexpected problems I find along the way. I guess it is progress of sorts...

A fair amount of epoxy putty was needed to blend in one intake to the nacelle.

FDOGsgv.jpg

There were pretty deep sink marks inside the intakes. I thought of blanking them off completely with a FOD cover, but I decided to fill in, in he end.

XWKl2Oc.jpg

spddAmL.jpg

Let this dry overnight, sand tomorrow!

Goodnight!

Alain

Hello all!

Like your modelling style, Alain! It's a joy to watch this build...   :)

cheers

Chris

Thank you Chris, much appreciated!

I decided to add the fasteners on the cowl by filling a slot in the plastic parts to the correct width.

6GgCdCu.jpg

After cleaning up the openings, I added little styrene bits to close off the lower part so as to create the correct size fastener opening, indicated by the pencil line.

OMrLEyI.jpg

Then 2 strips added and the whole area sanded down to the correct profile.  Finally a primer coat to check for surface defects.

yWa1TVs.jpg

Bye for now!

Alain

Hello all!

The engines are finally assembled and glued to the wings. The fit it not bad, but putty is required front and back.

The panel line have already been rescribed on the top of the wings.

hpBc3Tb.jpg

6id6nLC.jpg

The foot steps were also rescribed, in the correct size and location.

yV7zEyx.jpg

Here is the intake, after sanding the putty. I did not actually paint it, I primed  then applied silver Rub and Buff paste with a clean cloth.

Came out very polished looking.

SQAOH3d.jpg

Next are the first steps to clean up the nacelle to wing joint.

Hj7Z78K.jpg

More primer, more sanding and tracing the lines for the rivets...

rS9hHEe.jpg

Coming along slowly but OK!

Bye for now!

Alain

Kudos, Alain. You just keep plugging away on this build like you see something on the end of the tunnel that I would have difficulty doing so.

I have tendency to lose interest when something is not going right -- and filling/sanding is right up there!

Edited by Shaka HI

Thanks  Mark!

Here I wanted to have the look of the clip to be a separate part from the cowl piece. The curved shape of the plastic made this easy to achieve with a small file.

Thank you Shaka! I have to admit it is time big pieces get glued together. Marking all the rivets lines is pretty boring! I'm trying to concentrate on doing just this model

and finishing it, which is really not my usual way of modeling...

I also tend to loose interest, sometimes for no other reason than something else suddenly seems so much more inspiring, and jump from one project to another...

I may not be the only one like this!

Alain