Anyone see this? bf109 TL.I jet engine conversion

seiran01

• 3 weeks later...

This conversion set arrived in today's mail. 2 ½ weeks from Moscow to the northeastern US seems very reasonable.

The parts are very well cast with no sign of short-shots or bubbles. There will be considerable cleanup to remove the casting blocks and some flash, but that is to be expected.

Also included, but not mentioned in the eBay ad or the photos posted HERE, are a complete resin Bf 109K cockpit, resin wheels with separate hubs and several Revi 16 gun sights. :)

D

I'd be very interested in reading whatever references you have for that single-Jumo design study.

I've pored through numerous books and scoured the internet, but have only found one reference to it in a fictional "alternate history" story written by Evan Mayerle for the Luft'46 page:

http://www.luft46.com/mess/me109tl.html

TIA,

D

well I'll be damned - Evan is a big customer of mine. Never knew he did stuff like this

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd share one possible interpretation of this fictional fighter. I added a Vogt-Wissemann ejection seat (as used in the He 219, He 162, Do 335, etc.), and Mk108 30 mm cannons in the underwing gondolas. The ailerons were also sanded smooth and panel lines scribed to represent internally balanced, metal units.

The resin conversion parts went together very well, and joined with the Hasegawa '109K parts without the need for any putty. As mentioned before, the builder is on their own for removing and blanking off the underwing radiators, as well as modifying the kit's flaps. After cutting off the radiators, the holes were simply blanked off with plastic card and strip stock. I chose to represent one-piece flaps by modifying the kit parts. 

The white areas are the plastic sheet and strip stock. 

Bf109TL1a_zpswq2sd5n2.jpg

Bf109TL1b_zpsk4nkenx4.jpg

Done:

Bf109TL1c_zpsjqsqhu7g.jpg

Bf109TL1d_zpsakpwuozi.jpg

D

• 1 year later...

I just got mine through eBay.

Good looking kit, resin is well cast.

No instructions or plans came with it.  OK, I'll figure something out.

I like these design studies and much rather build models of them than any more kits of real planes. 

There are many design studies that were made in WW2. It would be fun to make some of them.

Be even more fun to invent my own.

WooHoo, Fun! :yahoo:

I have the design sketch for a Do-215 twin float bomber. Gotta build that one.

:punk:

Guest Clunkmeister

I just saw this.  Dang that's cool!

The thrust line looks all wrong, and I bet the pilot's feet would get mighty hot, but it'd be a cool looking contraption, no doubt.