SA-23E Mitchell-Hyundyne Starfury

spacewolf

On the bottom wing I glued on a doubler to make the base for the tank. (yes, it shows up in the pics and show) and glued in the front and rear edges as well as the slightly higher middle rib.

DSCF1075_zps72adb3dd.jpg

The inner section where it joins the fuselage is a cranked part, much like a Stuka's wing. This was made from several bits of scrap sheet.

DSCF1084_zpsc40c8b6b.jpg

Front shot.. I had some fiddling to do to get everything right but I think it came out rather well...

DSCF1109_zps9186cc0b.jpg

Rear view... for those who notice the top outer wing tapers from root to tip, whilst the lower wing is constant from root to tip.

DSCF1110_zps5ae5af2d.jpg

That's it for this time, more in a few days.

Cheers

Vaughn

Remarkable!

You make this all look so easy Vaughn. Good job.

It's taken me sense March, rebuilt the fuse twice, the wing three times and a very bad cut to the hand... much cursing, frustration and thought..not to mention the odd time where I put it down for a week just to get away from it...easy ?..no, but satisfaction ? YES !

Cheers

Vaughn

So... the upper inner wings were built in the same fashion...

DSCF1164_zps545a7f15.jpg

The curve was first cut from sheet as a rib, sheet plastic bent and then the rib glued to it. This was cut and trimmed till it fit the forward half of the wing, then glued in. The aft half was made in the same way and installed, then an inner bit of sheet was used to cover the 'V' and smooth everything.

DSCF1167_zps53e27db9.jpg