Minicraft F-16A FSD #1

r0t0rdr1ver

Well, I'm afraid the sheer fun factor of this GB and the fact I have so many of these old relics in the stash has led me to pull another one out. I was looking for some aftermarket I had put away and literally dug this out from the back of my storage room. The plan is to do the box top scheme for the first full scale development aircraft. Will I finish anything for this GB? I plan to, but time will tell... :)

I think this one dates to 1979. Sure takes me back...!

7311D0B6-FCCB-44FF-8A9D-26E8A7879371_zps

Cool!

What's the kit number on this one? I'm trying to determine if we have it in the Kit Database. Nothing with that image is showing up, but at least half of your entries don't have box art images:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/kitdb/list.php?act=search&kitFamily=67

Would be great to add this one if we can work out which one it is.

Kev

Awesome! Any date or year anywhere?

Kev

Oops, just noticed you already stated 1979 in your first post. Interestingly, Scalemates says 1978 for this one. You wonder how you could get different dates from the same kit, but with the Hurricane kit(s) I'm tackling for this GB, the box says 1970, but the instructions say 1971!

Kev

Well, I'm afraid the sheer fun factor of this GB and the fact I have so many of these old relics in the stash has led me to pull another one out. I was looking for some aftermarket I had put away and literally dug this out from the back of my storage room. The plan is to do the box top scheme for the first full scale development aircraft. Will I finish anything for this GB? I plan to, but time will tell... :)

I think this one dates to 1979. Sure takes me back...!

7311D0B6-FCCB-44FF-8A9D-26E8A7879371_zps

Great choice, have fun building, still have that one in the stash as well, looking forward to your end result!!

Jack.

Thanks Jack! It was a productive night. I cleaned up all of the resin bits and managed to test fit most of it. Used the CAM cockpit set and CE seamless intake and exhaust so far. Not to shabby.

Glued in the cockpit coaming and rear deck. Some clean up to do there. The rear deck took a trip through the central vac and broke in three pieces while I was cutting off the pour stub (I use the vac to get all the dust while cutting with the dremel). Nothing like rooting around the vacuum canister and all that dust to get my night started off right. Can you see the cracks?! :)

46F05B39-B757-4992-8F8F-B0E9C5F7940B_zps

84EDF182-328D-43DC-A879-61AAC6A15F8F_zps

C73A9FB8-71D3-4407-BF77-F8C3BF591B79_zps

D8B71FA9-EFBB-4708-B7D1-20AF6366C610_zps

899227AA-A4A7-4F85-9E96-F7C689823431_zps

Edited by r0t0rdr1ver

Great pictures, when this aircraft visited Europe on a demo tour i witnessed its takeoff together with a F4 Phantom, belonging to the 32nd USAFE squadron at Soesterberg airbase in the Netherlands.

As everyone ofcourse expected, the F16 outclimbed  the Phantom, ....or was it just a show and the F4 didn't use full AB??? :hmmm: :hmmm:....nah, i don't think so :doh: