1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

airscale

WIP1137_zpsvxjm2bwd.jpg

Isn't that interesting.  Yellow brass bolts reflect blue ground and appear green.

WIP1142_zpspb1juejq.jpg

Nice 'PROPELLER' infill.

That looks so nice.  Beautifully rendered work, Peter.  So well defined.  Truly Masterful.  Appreciate you gracing this forum.

Sincerely,

Mark

evening ladies :)

Peter,

I would install the bits into the starboard side as that is usually in view, and any imperfections on the opposite part would be less noticable.

that is a brilliant bit of Dutch logic Cees and helped make the decision :) starboard side it is...

..in working up the sidewall it is necessary to unpick all the wiring and pipework in order to lay them down in order so they sit above each other or whatever. It is also required to actually make the parts, pipes, unions etc and then add them without breaking anything or marking the paintwork...

..I would say it would have been easier to sort out world peace, or discover a new energy source...

..Istarted by making some unions that connect the de-icer tank to the control and to make the oxygen on/off control.. I used tube, brass and a tiny cog from a box of watch parts I got on ebay (very useful for £8...)

WIP1144_zpspwqimflc.jpg

..also connected the emergency U/C blow down air bottle and de-icer pump...

WIP1147_zpsfxoq6ehf.jpg

WIP1146_zps7nmn7rrj.jpg

..I think the copper wire will discolour with age and go matt, but some of the more bendy stuff needs to be done in lead wire which is a bit fragile so is tricky to add..

...next there was a lower box section to add to the U?C control so I made this and again used watch parts for the tiny pulley wheels..

..this also has a bunch of copper coloured pipework to shape and add..

WIP1145_zpsdnd8ezuv.jpg

..and it starts to look busier - there are many more switches, wires and stuff to add - it's a wonder it wasn't all routed properly but seems to be a spaghetti splatter of random threads all throughout the cockpit...

WIP1148_zpsfjhoupec.jpg

WIP1149_zpsprrrzk53.jpg

..thats it for now :)

TTFN
Peter