Vintage Fighter Series 1/24 scale P-47M Thunderbolt

iaf-man

I certainly didn't know this was coming. In fact, I didn't even know VFS was still in business! Kinetic bought the tooling to their earlier bubbletop Thunderbolt kits, so this is either a completely new tooling, or done with some cooperation with Kinetic. Anybody know?

Kev

I thought their next kit was supposed to be a late Spit - if they were still in business! I wonder if this is a special version of what may be offered by Kinetic in the future? Interesting!

Don't know if I will get one; I already have 3 1/24 Thunderbolts! Now if they release an N... 

I had a brief email exchange with them last week....late MK Spit in the works for release the coming year (or so).

"The Spitfire XIV will be produced within the next year or so together with the XIX, XVIII, XXII, and then the 21,22,and 24."

Cheers

Collin

Is this a kit or like the pre built ones you used to be able to buy at Walmart?

If you're referring to the 21st century series ac that were found at wal mart, I think those were only in 1/32 and 1/16 scale.  I wish they would fix the engine with it's parallel push rod covers.  That's the only thing that bothers me about this kit.

Best regards

Patrick 

I certainly didn't know this was coming. In fact, I didn't even know VFS was still in business! Kinetic bought the tooling to their earlier bubbletop Thunderbolt kits, so this is either a completely new tooling, or done with some cooperation with Kinetic. Anybody know?

Kev

I received email from VFS. And it is the same kit with these editions: plus they have seatbelts, PE wire harness and update sets for the ‘M', AND an autographed profile from the pilot = Russell S. Kyler