Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

Welcome to the Foreign or Captured Group Build.

The Group Build will run from 1 Dec 2013 until 1 June 2014.

Any LSP-class kit (1/35+) of any aircraft will qualify. The subject must be finished in markings other than that of the country that designed the airframe. As the name implies, these can be export users, or captured machines. Edge cases subject to negotiation!

As with all LSP group builds the kit must be less than 25% finished if already started.

The moderators for this GB will be Brian and Lou, with assistance from the LSP staff.

Don't forget to check out the GB Gallery once the builds start coming to fruition!

Kev and the LSP Staff

Edited by LSP_Kevin
Added link for GB Gallery

A great idea.  I've been thinking about a GB along similar lines for a long time.  One thing I've always wondered about is how to handle the second gen Harriers.  I've always taken the first gen Harrier to be British, but the second gen Harriers (II, NA, Plus, GR.5/7/9) are a bit more fuzzy on the origin country.  The II, NA, Plus seemed to be American, but the GR. series always seemed British to me.

A great idea.  I've been thinking about a GB along similar lines for a long time.  One thing I've always wondered about is how to handle the second gen Harriers.  I've always taken the first gen Harrier to be British, but the second gen Harriers (II, NA, Plus, GR.5/7/9) are a bit more fuzzy on the origin country.  The II, NA, Plus seemed to be American, but the GR. series always seemed British to me.

British Dave.

Some parts of the second generation may have been American but the Harrier is British. Just the same as the F-4 Phantom is American even though some versions were designed for the British.

Cheers.

Would my Polish F-16 meet the "less than 25%" criteria? Cockpit is about done and I'm working on the main gear bay now...still a long way to go before paint becomes an option...

I reckon so. Would you like me to move it?

Kev

• 2 weeks later...