Catapults.

A340 Pilot

I must be getting old, or something. 

When I read catapults the image that popped into my mind was a Roman catapult, or even an early medieval one. Finally my mind moved back into the 21th Century and I said, "Oh. Silly me."

Still and all, I believe that the Vulgarian navy used the old Roman catapults on their Mississippi River Boat aircraft carriers they use. There are many lakes and rivers in Vulgaria where they float their boats, but no access to any large body of water like a sea. I have a model of a Vulgarian Aircraft Carrier on the drawing board and when it is launched I'll send photos.  I haven't decided what scale to use, though. I'll have to think about that.  However, they do have a 20th Century naval catapult mounted on a flat car so they can have aerial support for their armoured trains. Yes, the aircraft wings do fold up very nicely. 

Stephen

:punk:

I must be getting old, or something.

When I read catapults the image that popped into my mind was a Roman catapult, or even an early medieval one. Finally my mind moved back into the 21th Century and I said, "Oh. Silly me."

Still and all, I believe that the Vulgarian navy used the old Roman catapults on their Mississippi River Boat aircraft carriers they use. There are many lakes and rivers in Vulgaria where they float their boats, but no access to any large body of water like a sea. I have a model of a Vulgarian Aircraft Carrier on the drawing board and when it is launched I'll send photos. I haven't decided what scale to use, though. I'll have to think about that. However, they do have a 20th Century naval catapult mounted on a flat car so they can have aerial support for their armoured trains. Yes, the aircraft wings do fold up very nicely.

Stephen

:punk:

Some of the folks down south don't need a catapult, add wings and a tail to their aircraft engine powered airboat and suddenly you have a suicidally dangerous airplane that could land on water. Edited by cbk57

Some of the folks down south don't need a catapult, add wings and a tail to their aircraft engine powered airboat and suddenly you have a suicidally dangerous airplane that could land on water.

Atta Boy! That's the way to live. 

Up north hereabouts they refer to southern inventiveness as "redneck engineering" but such designations are due to northerners anal retentive personalities. Them Yankees just take life too seriously.