Birdcage Corsair the Hard Way!

LSP_Kevin

And personally I'd use the Vector engine over the Quickboost one - it's a work of art.

The Vector engine is sweet for sure. I used the quickboost in mine because you only see the front of it and it's $15.oo as opposed to $35.00 for the Vector.

Ron

Thanks for all your responses fellas! I won't be adding to or changing any of the aftermarket already described as I simply can't afford it. I'm fully aware of the difficulties involved with the Aires wheel bays, but using them is part of the 'challenge'. I made a CMK wheel bay set designed for the Tamiya Zero fit into the old Revell kit by chopping it up and scratch-building the other bits, so I'm hopeful that I can sort this one out.

Kev

I didn't notice a canopy in amongst all that AM..Is there something I'm missing, or is that a vac job or similar later on?

Hi Don,

The canopy is part of the Montex conversion parts, in the box labelled for a D-9 radiator cowling:

0TNkOQ.jpg

I think it's hiding under the yellow label.

Kev

Guest Peterpools

Kev

WOW, what a project. Looking forward to following your progress on this Great Adventure.

Keep 'em coming :popcorn: :popcorn: '

That turned out great John! I noticed that the build thread seemed to peter out though, which is a shame.

Kev

Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought I had posted the whole ball of wax but I guess I didn't. I DO remember that I was VERY glad to be finished with the SOB. LOL

Have fun with this one Kev, I loved backdating the Trump Kit when I did mine. a lot of work but at least you are using AM parts, let me know how the Kit works out for you. I had used the Lone Star Kit for mine next time it will be the Tamiya for me.

But there is just something about scratch building that makes it better.

finished013.jpg

Cheers Murph

Thanks for the inspiration Murph! You guys have all built amazing models from this kit, so there's hope for me yet. I'm itching to get on with it now, but alas I won't be able to make a proper start for quite some time.

Kev

If you replace the entire fuselage, cockpit, wings, engine, canopy, prop, decals & tail with Tamiya's new kit, you'll be onto a winner.

Yeah, I'd heard something about Tamiya coming out with a fairly comprehensive upgrade set for this kit... :rolleyes:

Kev

Well now, this should be interesting Kevin. It definitely looks like you have everything you need to "git 'er dun". The Waldron oxygen hose is a rare piece too. Years ago I bought their 1/48 scale oxygen hose and I've yet to use it but when the right project comes along....... I'd spoken with Mr. Waldron about getting more hoses but they had trouble with the manufacturing process and then apparently the fellow that made them for Waldron Model Products passed away so that was the end of that. Are you sure you want to use it on this build? :whistle:

Lookin' forward to seeing how you make out with this one Kev. :popcorn:

Cheers,

Wolf