56 squadron Hurricane I (Revell)

mozart

Lovely work so far and insparation for me. Im gathering after market parts to do a pair as i have a montex masks set with two nice schemes i like. Im having a hard time finding the kit despite Revell re releasing the kit not long ago.

There's one for sale on ebay at the moment Ollie, ends on Tuesday though it's got some bits missing. I've got a spare canopy if you decide to go for it.

Max

Edited by mozart

Further progress with the wheel well assembly, I'm posting some detailed pictures as a guide should anybody else need some advice, though of course there's no guarantee that I've got it right!:

DSCN9562_zpskllgttvr.jpg

Lock and frame in position.

DSCN9563_zpskfluoal6.jpg
Lateral gear well placed in position, keys in with the arms of the lock frame.

DSCN9564_zpsz6l4wcbt.jpg
An overview of the major items, note the left hand lock frame and lateral gear well unassembled.

The fit of all the parts is very good, just a mm or so needing trimming in places to get the optimum fit.
Max
Edited by mozart

Are you opening up the gun bays? Ive got some referance photos of the gun bays if you need them.

I'd be interested to see them Ollie, I hadn't thought of opening them up but you never know!

Max

I'd be interested to see them Ollie, I hadn't thought of opening them up but you never know!

Max

I will post a link tomorrow. I got a chance to take a few of R4118 the other week. Ive also got photos of all the radios etc behind the cockpit if you really want to go to town.

Max

Some mighty fine delicate work

Looking real good

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Delicate indeed Peter! It's wonderful to have such fine castings, they are of course a great testament to Tim's skills but by golly you have to be careful to avoid breakages left, right and centre......or should that be port, starboard........? :)

Max

Guest Peterpools

Max

A gentle touch for sure and then figuring out the orientation .. patience of a saint but so well worth the delicate work

Keep 'em coming

Peter

The wheel well's almost completed, just a couple of small braces front and back to add before finally gluing the forward and aft covers in place.  One of the things that is so clever about the engineering of the resin pieces is that they almost "snap" together so that their location soon becomes apparent:

DSCN9577_zpszmu8ad1i.jpg

DSCN9575_zpsdvetujmb.jpg

DSCN9578_zps7iw7udci.jpg

DSCN9579_zpstd5chk1d.jpg

DSCN9580_zpsiwdm5rpv.jpg

Max
Edited by mozart

Thanks Martin, this little beauty is finished at last; with 22 parts almost a kit in itself:

DSCN9583_zpst8ifh6lq.jpg

DSCN9586_zpsvkrh6wxw.jpg

A couple of minor patching jobs to do first and then the task of making a seamless fit into the lower wing.  It is doubtless easier said than done!! :(

DSCN9582_zpsfd9ggwth.jpg

DSCN9589_zpsnxcl43mm.jpg

Max