Quick Build - 2x WNW Pfalz D.IIIa. Photo Per Day!

seiran01

Hey Brian, I've considered the 48th turnbuckles as well, that'll be a "how insane am I really?" type of judgement call at some point, LOL!!

Here's today's progress. Red on the Jasta 5 Pfalz is a mix of Mr Color #108 Character Red and #119 RLM 79 Sand Yellow. Took a good half hour with more than 10 different bottles of red paint and various mixes to find a shade that matches the red of the Pheon red tail border.

7C857D92-7252-4770-BE20-8725ECC9D704_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Well the photo per day part may have slipped, but the work goes on!

Here's how they look now. Today's progress has been getting the wheels painted, dirtied, and stuck on. Tail skids painted and attached. White tail stripes added and I've started adding Bobs Buckles loops to J5 as well.

0rF4QZ5.jpg

None worth sharing, still slowly getting the eyelets in place. I also managed to distract myself with this - pulled apart two buggered-up unfinished builds and bashed them together.

It's going as Könnocke's flying pickle from Jasta 5. These decals are on WNWs Albatros Flying Circus sheet and curiously also included in the Jasta 5 triple set coming out in 2 weeks.

lf2FZsP.jpg

both bi-planes are really coming along quite nicely. I'm more then impressed. So just to make it a little more interesting, you kit bashed a 3rd build from two on your shelf of doom.  So now you have triplets. This is getting better and better.  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn: 

Joel

Well, I just doubled the size of my temporary WNW shelf of doom! 

TsuIrAP.jpg

On hold for a bit... I need to speed build a Ships Camel for ODG Studios' Lighter nearing completion. I'll take some pics along the way of modifications I'm choosing and share once the build is completed. Not going to do an in-progress for it.

• 2 months later...