Big Jug(s)....

Last update for a few days.... got called on STNDBY.... three night in Venice and then home... go figure! Atleast I can take the wings with me and finish riveting them! :o

I have absolutely no experience with enamels or washes using turpinoid.... so this is a first... maybe I over did things a bit... I will clean things up abit latter... comments/feedback/advice apreciated! :blink:

Cheers

Alan B)

.....here is the engine after a wash of raw umber and black soot... might be a tat bit too much though!

post-10-1179431252.jpg

A little update... had a few hours off this evening and decided to start the plumbing on one side of the gear bays....here I have gone and done a little "Klaus" work on the hydraulic lines... :blink: (Thanks for the nice hex nuts Klaus!)... I thought there is so much room in those gear bays.. that it needs to be dressed up... I have never made any hydraulic lines before but other than being a little time consuming.. :blink: I think they have turned out okay.. :o

post-10-1179783486.jpg

I used different diameters of lead wire... and a drop or two of super glue (extra thin) and the different size hex nuts that Klaus sent to me last year :blink:

The black spacers for the clamps are made from Tamiya tape painted black, cut into strips, then wrapped around the lead wire... I used a drop of future to seal the tape so it won't unravel at a later time. The black 'rubber' hose is actually thicker lead wire just painted black...

post-10-1179783710.jpg

another angle...

I have just temporarily attached the rear gear door hydraulic actuator to get the placement right of the hose sections...then I will have to paint the actuator, weather it a bit to match the rest of the gear bay...

post-10-1179783857.jpg

Hi Alan, very nice detailing mate. I'm not doing the same because I have come to the conclusion that not much will be seen and I can't be arsed! :blink:

I got your PM, I'm off night flying now but I'll reply tomorrow when I have the time. Laters.

A small update guys :) I have been playing a little with adding details and today I added some rivets! Not that you will be able to see them later.... just the fact that they are there will help me sleep better B) ;)

Cheers

Alan B)

Waiting for a supply of Alclad and other materials to arrive... and then I will polish this build up! B) Gotta make room for the new tool Tony! ;)

For those who wish to sleep better at night... I'll let you know that I punched them with the sub micro punch size from the Waldron punch and die set!

post-10-1180445708.jpg