• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 CANicoll

CANicoll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

Ok, a final update, looking backwards and forwards a bit.  Found some of my 'build' pics (but not all of them :-( ) and here are the final pics as well.  

My first attempt at painting some of the details such as the tape over the gun muzzles:  Needed the arrows to show me exactly where to paint: 

2kFmLj.jpg

IwhOJm.jpg

You know, when you get old, notes helps remind you what you are suppose to be doing!

UGx6r9.jpg

Just a look at some of the masking done for the camo pattern.  I had copied the decal placement pictures.  All  told the masking alone took about four hours - cutting the camo part out, transferring to tape (2x).  not sure I want to do this again...

iQCWrp.jpg

Ok.  SO that was soo about a month ago.  Have not masked the canopy yet for WX D so went ahead and finished DU N.

Finished with Vallejo acrylics, and a very light and heavily thinned flat white (actually, its the Vallejo primer) overspray to knock down the flat even more and give it a bit of a chalky finish.  Not sure how well it comes through in the pics.  One thing I did notice in one of the pics is that somewhere along the line the tail wheel went missing.  Uh oh....

l575pD.jpg

CcNe1J.jpg

Zatdl1.jpg

fz94BC.jpg

dWVauY.jpg

NtdmdF.jpg

And the missing tailwheel:

vrmdmX.jpg

Head on:

KgksHc.jpg

FUN little kit - too WAY too long to finish off.  Sigh. It was a fun kit and I got to try out some masking technique without spending (and potentially messing up) a $100 kit.  LOTS I would do differently if I was really trying to make this into a show bird, but it was enjoyable to put together.  The cockpit is not too bad, but sadly does not take well to pictures after being built.  Rats, its all PE and all.  I HAVE to find those build pics!

BTW, the masking over the primer went perfectly.  Vallejo primer and acrylics.  Still working on getting the paint mixtures correct.

Chris

Edited by CANicoll, 27 August 2017 - 02:49 AM.

• MARU5137 and Gazzas like this

#17 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,098 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:48 PM

Chris....

Thought I had better go check out builds I follow before I hurry out of United kingdom otherwise it will be months...

So seeing your completed build,your Spitfire is AWESOME ... :bow:

What about WX D ?

:fight:
  • CANicoll likes this

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#18 CANicoll

CANicoll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:04 AM

Chris....

Thought I had better go check out builds I follow before I hurry out of United kingdom otherwise it will be months...

So seeing your completed build,your Spitfire is AWESOME ... :bow:

What about WX D ?

:fight:

Wellll, needs a masked and painted canopy and I think that might be it....  Coming!!

• MARU5137 likes this

#19 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,098 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

Get on with young man!
:rofl:

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spitfire, IXc, Overtrees, Eduard, 1/72, Profi-Pack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users