Very nice mate and the pics look great.

One of my favorite schemes too.

Great job!

Thanks Joe!

Hello Brian,

That's a super nice Dio.

Cheers

Boris

Nice of you to say Boris, its my first one in many years, so I count myself lucky I had Shep Paine for some help.

Gorgeous build Brian - combined with superb base and figure - really, really nice!!  :thumbsup:

Iain

Thanks Iain, its my first swipe at a Luftwaffe subject since I was a kid so again, Im counting myself lucky it turned out as  well as it did.

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Simply a gorgeous build and a breathtaking vignette to highlight you spectacular work.

I enjoyed every update, soaked in every photo and marveled at your workmanship.

Stellar work Buddy, perfection in miniature.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Oooh I say!

Thats a bit good for a first effort!

Love the diorama, especially the foliage!

I hope he's not going to chuck that ciggie anywhere near those fuel drums when he has finished it!

Looking forward to seeing more of your builds in the future.

Great stuff and :post1:

You big flattererrrrrererer!

I stole all my foliage technique from you

Considering the cig is actually a cat whisker from my building buddy Sam Im pretty sure good ol Willie is safe.   :lol:

Looks great! The plane and the presentation are first-rate. Did this aircraft have those little landing gear indicator rods seen here: http://fw190.hobbyvista.com/wadman3.jpg and http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/WW2/RickReinbott/Fw190F-8/images/P1010108.jpg ?

Cheers, Tom

Im not sure..............cant really confirm in any of the pics of Willies mount. I was just going to install them............Funny you should mention that, as its the one thing I forgot to add and just remembered it before the contest last saturday!  I just keep forgetting to dig the PE sheet out that has them on it.

Brian,

This is a truly awesome and inspiring build!

I've been distracted from the forum and from modeling for the last few months. Other hobbies, family/personal issues and weather have played a big part in that. However, throughout that time, I've been getting constant email notifications from your WIP thread. I purposely avoided looking at them, because I wanted to see it all come together here, first. Then, go back and "enjoy the ride", so to speak.That may seem strange to some, but I will say that it was worth the wait, as this is spectacular. It's also providing the motivation I need to get back in the saddle, this week, now that I can be more focused. So, for that, I have to say "THANK YOU!!!" :thumbsup:

John

Wow, John I'm quite flattered! Ive done that with other peoples builds myself..................but I have been on the forums pretty consistently lately though.

Absolutely brilliant Brian !

German war machines with swastikas are not my cup of tea, but the result is of your usual outstanding standard !

Well done

Hubert

Thanks Hubert! I take that as a huge compliment since I know Luft stuff isnt really your bag.

Brian,

BEAUTIFUL ..... SHE looks quite A STUNNER.. THE Diorama is PRETTY GOOD too..

:goodjob:

The small details makes your build a GREAT one.

Bravo. :bow:

I like it a lot.

:yahoo:

Thanks Maru, nice of you to say!

I'd love to see a picture run through a photo program and made to look like it was taken 70 years ago--you know, black and white, stains/imperfections, etc. I'd be willing to be it would be difficult to tell the difference between it and the real deal.

Other than that, anything else I could say would just be repeating what everyone else has written.

You must be proud!

Greg

Wow. This is most impressive. I am not sure if it makes me want to build and share more or less. Dont know that I can come close to matching that. Excellent.

Thanks Justin!  It should make you want to build more....................at least that is how I feel looking at others work...............I always seem to get inspiration from others as a source instead of the real deal.

Soooo essentially straight out o' the box eh Brian? ;) She turned out brilliantly and I really like the display base and pilot figure as well.

Beautiful!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf!  Very nice of you to say considering how FANTABULOUS the spit turned out. 

I'd love to see a picture run through a photo program and made to look like it was taken 70 years ago--you know, black and white, stains/imperfections, etc. I'd be willing to be it would be difficult to tell the difference between it and the real deal.

Other than that, anything else I could say would just be repeating what everyone else has written.

You must be proud!

Greg

Thanks Greg!  I have never really messed around with filters like that in my pic program......................I also noticed I never took any shots of the underside of the 190 either.   Hrmmmm.   

Blast, might have to do that one day.................

Brian...

Allready said it in the build log..

Geeez i love this one and that diorama....

You get very, very high numbers from me, well built, well painted, also very addictive build log, also shared alot misshaps and how they were fixed, and also showed very great tips, welle executed and elegant solutions.

Damn it looks good Brian. its not just a model, its art in my eyes.

/Mal

Hi

We can see a lot of FW 190 built here and there , but I never seen a so highly detailed as yours .....I am amazed bye your job on the canopy ...as the rest of the built 

bye Alain

Thanks guys!

Its always nice to get some positive feedback, as like Mal, I think I am by far and away my own worst critic, as sometimes you just second guess yourself and the work you do.

I would never want anyone to just give me praise across the board, or just say nice things because they think thats what I want to hear, but I think the way most LSPers post is even when posting a critique, its posted in a manor that comes across as very constructive, and positive as some builders build a certain way and arnt looking for all the accuracy, and some are looking for HYPER-accuracy.

I definitely do NOT fall into the last category, but I still really appreciate positive constructive feedback that makes any build better or corrects small things that are easily corrected.

Thanks again for all the positive comments guys!