jig stands any big benefit?

dashotgun

I've got one of the Fantastic Third Hand jigs. They are invaluable.

I've been researching the jig & I'm confident that I can make exactly the same jig. Excluding the heavy metal base plate would make it financially viable, since it adds a lot to shipping costs. You just obtain a base plate locally - any bit of reasonably heavy metal will do the job.

If the jig is no longer available, I'll source and price up the parts to make them, if anybody is interested?

If the jig is no longer available, I'll source and price up the parts to make them, if anybody is interested?

Without a doubt!      Id be down for one. Especially if you already have one, and can make it like the Kronos jig for sale. As you said, I can easily come up with something for a stable base myself. 

I've been researching the jig & I'm confident that I can make exactly the same jig. Excluding the heavy metal base plate would make it financially viable, since it adds a lot to shipping costs. You just obtain a base plate locally - any bit of reasonably heavy metal will do the job.

Yes, as long as it can stay under 50 bucks. A static jig I don't really need, but this thing I could use.

Us mere mortals need them James, the gods don't!! :) :)

Sometimes I think I could become known as a minor god of clumsy. I need the third hand that is not attached to me. I also have hope that the clear plastic version of the build stand will also reduce the "bi-focal moments" by enhancing visibility of the whats behind the what is in front of me.

Rick

I'd be interested, too.  Not having to pay the shipping for the heavy base would be an excellent plus.

Gaz

okay ordered plastic one maybe some felt on the risers to avoid scratches.  we well see about the   third hand jigs

They come with a good sized chunk of soft spongey

material so you can cut your own pads. I glued mine

on with Elmer's.

They all come with padding for the contact surfaces.

Edited by mmaben

They come with a good sized chunk of soft spongey

material so you can cut your own pads. I glued mine

on with Elmer's.

They all come with padding for the contact surfaces.

Don't forget to peel off the blue backing on the plastic. I've seen a couple glued together with the backing left on....