1/48 Revell B-24D Fuselage Closed

fightnjoe

Ok, how about a brief update.

Now although it may not look like it there is some progress.  Work is continuing on the interior details and the placement.  Of the work so far the focus has been on the cockpit, the nav station, and the radio equipment.  A little has been accomplished in the bombadier station.

For this update let me let the pictures tell the story.  Remembering all that is kit is the Gray plastic while all else is from myself.

J6t8CCd.jpg

659kXqU.jpg

G6pj8oc.jpg

Now the third image is the radio set and that even since the picture was taken has changed a bit.  More on the next update.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

I am blown away by people who can just look at a picture and say "yeah, I can build that complicated piece of machinery out of strips and hunks of plastic".  I will never have that ability.  Your work is stellar, especially in the smaller scale!

Seriously nice. What are you using as a reference?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

From post 26...

I am using the Walk Around from Squadron as well as the Detail in Scale. To supplement I have done a number of searches both general and part specific on Google.

With the images of excellence work being carried out, it's easy to miss the written word :lol:

Edited by Tony C

wow, just incredible scratch building going on here...

I just can't get over the superb work done on the pilot and co-pilot seats...Simply amazing... The ribbing detail on the fuselage is really fantastic.

What do you use for glue on the rib detail? I found when using "Tamiya extra thin cement" for purposes like these, they tend to come loose and do't have enough bounding strenght (Mostly using Evergreen plastic card).

My prefered glue is "Revell's Contacta", but it's application is much more difficult then the tamiya glue.

• 2 weeks later...
And an update on the 1/48 Revell B-24D.

I had to make a decision about the nose gear assembly.  The kit part looked more like a blob of plastic that held the actual gear.  It just didnt look right compared to the pictures and drawings that I have found.  Out came the spare stuff and this is the result.

bhdKqTK.jpg

Also the time has come to bring out the Dremmel and begin to make some rather large holes.

WdN0M3p.jpg

8Optubk.jpg

YRISvDV.jpg

sZdCsPU.jpg

Most has been cleaned up and you can see just what the holes show now.  Pretty satisfied for sure.  Next is to try to get myself to focus on working on the details.  To be honest this has been a struggle as of late.

All comments, critique, and criticism is encouraged.

Joe