HK B-17G on a stick

Pete Fleischmann

Really nice work and great overall concept. Can't believe I missed it up till now.

J

Now ain't that the truth! Me too Jerry. Just read through the whole thread for the first time. Still scratchin' my head trying to figure out how I missed this altogether. I noticed it's been a good while since this has been updated too so I hope all is well with Peter. Hopefully it's a case of Peter's build moving at the speed of life. :) (thank-you for coining the phrase Kevin)

Incredible work Peter! This is going to be so über kool! Actually it already is but I'm hoping there will be much more soon. Peter?

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi you guys!

Thanks for checking in! Jerry- love the lead foil idea !

This beast is still on the bench, sharing space with my big AT-38 Talon...I've been away at training, checking out as an A320 Captain, so my other life has slowed me down at the bench, but I'm looking forward to getting re-aquatinted with this project soon-

Merry Christmas to all! Hope there was some new plastic under the tree for all of you!

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Pete,

I trust that you're doing a bird with the de-icer boots removed? If not, you just punched your wing leading-edge flak hole through a large piece of rubber that has grow jagged edges! If you're going the route of the removed boots, be sure to paint the leading edges in a nice, bright natural metal. You're doing great work here!

-Daniel S.

Westminster, CO

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible Pete!  Mike Reed told me you were doing this build so I searched and found it.  I'm glad I did, this is fantastic my friend!  I hope everything is going smooth with your A320.  I can't wait until you have some time to start building again, I miss seeing you work.

I'm looking forward to my book, I know you put a lot of hard work into it.  I sometimes wonder how you have time for all of this???

Take care,

Bryan

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mighty cool project there Pete! Just curious about when you vac formed the elevators over the kit parts. I've tried doing this before and the kit part melted a little due to the heat of the plastic. Did you do anything to guard against that at all?

Cheers, craig

Hi Craig-

No problem with the heat. The vac skin was only .010, so not a lot of heat was needed to get it to form-

HTH

PETE

Pete,

I trust that you're doing a bird with the de-icer boots removed? If not, you just punched your wing leading-edge flak hole through a large piece of rubber that has grow jagged edges! If you're going the route of the removed boots, be sure to paint the leading edges in a nice, bright natural metal. You're doing great work here!

-Daniel S.

Westminster, CO

Hi Daniel-

Yes, no de-ice boots on this one!

Cheers

Pete

Incredible Pete!  Mike Reed told me you were doing this build so I searched and found it.  I'm glad I did, this is fantastic my friend!  I hope everything is going smooth with your A320.  I can't wait until you have some time to start building again, I miss seeing you work.

I'm looking forward to my book, I know you put a lot of hard work into it.  I sometimes wonder how you have time for all of this???

Take care,

Bryan

Hi Bryan and all !

Been busy messing with the AT-38, the A320 (full size) and the L-39 (also full size).. But still playing with the B-17 as well- I seem to do a lot of "mental modeling" right now... Problem solving in my head until I can actually find time for the bench!

The book was a big project too- glad you were such a big part of it my friend!

More B-17 pics soon!!

Cheers

Pete

• 1 year later...

Any further progress, Pete?

Kev

Hi Kev-

...a little bit! And I just ordered a bunch of figures to make up the crew.. I'll try to get some pictures up. Been busy this summer with other stuff, but am slowly getting my mojo back-

Think I'm going to have to get the B-17E kit to raid it for parts to backdate this to an early G...

Cheers

Pete