Finished !!! 1/32 Eduard P-40N Warhawk "Lulu Belle&#34

Tolga ULGUR

good work as always,

FYI, on P40N 5, there wasn't a recognition light under the starboard rear wing fillet but under the rear keel fairing(part A12, red lens). Underside port wing, the landing light was removed and the hole receive a patch and there was'nt electric tab recessed on left aileron but a tab as at the starboard.

Behind the armor plate, the deck under the rear vision canopy was "dark olive drab 613", not interior green 611.

Thanks for the information. Very appreciated.

Agreed with you about the recognition light under the starboard rear wing. I will delete it during construction .Eduard and Hasegawa construction guide don't mention this 

On the other hand due to this attached picture, no lights under the fuselage. Can you share any picture to describe the situation ?

3ddc7d53b9803e71aa5850b6abc49f33.jpg

The color of the rear vision canopy color is noted. But I will continue as it is. In some examples the color is lighter than dark olive drab

pic118.jpg

Thanks for the information. Very appreciated.

Agreed with you about the recognition light under the starboard rear wing. I will delete it during construction .Eduard and Hasegawa construction guide don't mention this 

On the other hand due to this attached picture, no lights under the fuselage. Can you share any picture to describe the situation ?

3ddc7d53b9803e71aa5850b6abc49f33.jpg

The color of the rear vision canopy color is noted. But I will continue as it is. In some examples the color is lighter than dark olive drab

pic118.jpg

Really fascinating photos. Thanks for posting. Can't help but feel a little sad that more of those airframes weren't preserved though. Great progress on your build btw

Merci beaucoup Waroff

Noted that the red one is in the center axe but the others at the left of the centerline axe. Agreed..

And, I would like to ask that this configuration is similar  on P-40M and N-1 

I found some drawings on Kagero s Monograph series. Due to this drawings P-40 M configuration is similar to previous E versions but N-1 (with early style canopy) has these lights.Agreed?

Thanks in advance..

P40E & N1 had'nt recognition lights.

800 first E-1 had reco light RAF type ( 1 upper light -white) and 1 bottom light in starboard wing fillet)

from 801st & up E-1 & M had reco light US type (1 upper light -white) & 3 bottom lights, R, G .Amber)

Thank you for the information, appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the subtle modulation and tone you're achieving in these so called drab colours Tolga. Is that airbrushing skills and/or are you using any washes to highlight the panels etc?

Torben

Lovely job on the paint. Really like the OD. I'm with Torben here and would like to know how you achieved that. Post shading with a lightened OD colour?

Thank you gentlemen

For this time being, there is only lightened OD colour ( by airbrushing) on the surfaces

But after decalling oil paint washes also will be applied