1/32 Hawker Sea Fury 4/21/15 She's alive!

LSP_Paul

I am building this model to honor the pilots of the Commonwealth for their efforts and sacrifice during the Korean war.

The Aircraft will be WE674/105K as flown by  LEUT(P) Clarkson, DFM, RAN  who was killed when his aircraft failed to pull out of a dive whilst attacking enemy transport in the Han river area in Korea.

AMOF_WE674.jpg

Before I get started, I want to say thank you Ernie( Clunkmeister) and Ade Rowlands without whom this dream kit would never have been a reality for me.

I also want to thank Jennings for helping me out so graciously with the art and side profile, Thank you J, and to Randy ( Sluggo) who is cutting my masks for me.

There are plenty of reviews online about the extremely high quality of the model that Paul Fisher has created, and seeing pictures is helpful and enlightening and certainly pushed me towards wanting this kit, but having this masterpiece of resin casting in my hands has left me almost speechless, magnificent is one adjective that comes to mind.

I am quite a ways into my Fisher Models Panther project and I want to get things closer to paint before I really get going on this kit, but I will begin cleaning up parts and washing everything now so that I am ready to go when the time is right.

Thanks for looking in on my build,more soon!

Paul  

post-3619-0-90125700-1427774548_thumb.jpg

Add two lines more and your credits are longer than that of any Hollywood blockbuster! :punk:

Be warned:

Fishers Sea Fury is known to be an excellent kit. You might be disappointed - nothing to fix there :rofl:

As always: Less typing, more building :whistle:

Have fun!

- dutik

WARNING: Before you start this Beautiful Beast

FINISH THE PANTHER DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

I DOUBLE -DOG DARE YA!!!!!!!!!

Don't wanna see a bunch of half finished models in the G/B  MISTER

OR ELSE :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!

DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE!!!!!

I'LL TELL YOUR WIFE!!!!!!!

I GOT MY 6 EYES ON YOU!!!!!!!

I'll send  ACCCMED to "KELL YOU"!!!! :evil_laugh:

I'LL SEND ACCCMED TO "KELL YOU"!

Have a Nice Day

Jack

Add two lines more and your credits are longer than that of any Hollywood blockbuster! :punk:

Be warned:

Fishers Sea Fury is known to be an excellent kit. You might be disappointed - nothing to fix there :rofl:

As always: Less typing, more building :whistle:

Have fun!

- dutik

Well Dutik if it wasn't for the 3 way trade, this wouldn't have happened :) Believe it or not I DO have things to modify and add even to this fine kit ! I will be showing what I do, stay tuned  :punk:

Paul 

WARNING: Before you start this Beautiful Beast

FINISH THE PANTHER DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

I DOUBLE -DOG DARE YA!!!!!!!!!

Don't wanna see a bunch of half finished models in the G/B  MISTER

OR ELSE :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!

DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE!!!!!

I'LL TELL YOUR WIFE!!!!!!!

I GOT MY 6 EYES ON YOU!!!!!!!

I'll send  ACCCMED to "KELL YOU"!!!! :evil_laugh:

I'LL SEND ACCCMED TO "KELL YOU"!

Have a Nice Day

Jack

They will BOTH be finished Jack, that's why I'm only doing two instead of the 4 I tried to get done last group build.

I'm quite comfortable with doing these two by the deadline. :)

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Looking forward to the Panther rolling out on deck and then the Sea Fury. I finished my Sea Fury last year and it was one of the newer versions with the open cowl. If I can be of any help, just give a shout.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Paul

Looking forward to the Panther rolling out on deck and then the Sea Fury. I finished my Sea Fury last year and it was one of the newer versions with the open cowl. If I can be of any help, just give a shout.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter, I've only had the kit since last night. I have the open access panel on the cowl with engine detail as well, and the folding or unfolding wing sections (both)  I am using the straight wing on mine and I'll send Ernie the spare folded sections in case he boo boo's on his. I have been cleaning up the mold lines /flash and some other minor imperfections on the Fury today just because  it's "new" because I'm a big ol' kid like the rest of us and have to play with the new toy! When I get the panther ready for paint I can get this one going.

I'll let ya know if I run into anything "interesting" during construction but I've already saved your build and others for reference.  :)

All the best,

Paul 

You mean the guy you traded with didn't have the decency to trim the flash before sending it on? How rude. Might have saved himself a few pence on shipping if he'd shaved the thousandths of grams of flash off the parts before sending. Good luck with the kit, glad to see it being built instead of sitting in my stash.

Ade, like I told you when we discussed the trade, I always seem to finish off somebody else's kits better the ones I buy for myself, and I hope to prove that holds true with this kit as well   :) Thanks again and I hope the bi planes show up soon my friend. I am hoping to see you join us soon in the group build too.

Paul